Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eddie said:

We all make mistakes or errors of judgement. You are right - I made a severely critical observation about the style of football, back in August or September, following that awful performance in Bristol, i think it was. I also make no secret of the fact that I have given up my season ticket this season for financial reasons.

Mate I no axe to grind with anyone and I was unhappy after Sheff U away and Bristol Away .

I suppose I should just shut up but the hypocrisy of some makes me unhappy  not that I think you are in that category.

Oh well what will be will be  

Take care mate  .

I love Derby County and so do you . 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, TomG said:

That has to be photo shopped, Sky surely wouldn't be that profound!

It may or may not be genuine.

26 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

*Given our position and our owners wealth, plus the fact he has lived in Duffield since since he played for us , his three children have all grown up here and gone to school here, at least two of them have ST’s at Derby, his connection with the club and also his ability to prove himself with us(should we go up), should be more than enough to say no to Stoke. If a better calibre club came in for him, and outside the top 7/8 of the PL I cannot think of a better long term opportunity( seriously) , then I would accept him leaving and understand it. Stoke are clearly not a better opportunity, currently.(in my opinion ). *These are not the views of DCFCFANS but views of one of their posters whose views  DCFCFANS cannot be held responsible for. 

Stoke is only up the A 50 and is easily commutable. Gary Rowett could still live in Derby and manage Stoke. Martin O'Neill would probably be a more sensible short term option for Stoke given their plight, our situation and that Stoke would have to negotiate compensation with Derby which might take time while they lose even more games. Of course they could consider Ronald Koeman, Slaven Bilic, Paul Clement (who rescued Swansea last season), Neil Warnock (good man for a relegation fight), Steve Bruce (experienced Premier League manager who probably lives nearby), Nigel Clough (local), Tony Pulis again, Claudion Ranieri (won the Premier League).

47 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Seeing as they currently occupy one of the relegation places how are they "far from relegation"? They have an ageing squad and appear to have no real appetite for a scrap to get out of their current position. There's no guarantee that they will get the 'new manager bounce', no matter who goes there.

Sorry I meant they are far from relegated as we are far from promotion, in the fact there is half of the season to play. As opposed to their current predicament 

No one has mentioned the salary Rowett would get at Stoke, Hughes was on £900,000 p.a. (2016 figure)

I doubt if The Rams are paying GR more than £150,000 p.a. Therefore who amongst you all would not move for a 500% salary increase?

Sith Happens
Just now, LeyStand said:

No one has mentioned the salary Rowett would get at Stoke, Hughes was on £900,000 p.a. (2016 figure)

I doubt if The Rams are paying GR more than £150,000 p.a. Therefore who amongst you all would not move for a 500% salary increase?

Ive no idea how much he is being paid, but i bet its a fair amount more than you have quoted.

2 minutes ago, LeyStand said:

Are you mad:lol:. Would be willing to bet Rowett is on anything between £10,000 and £30,000 a week here.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, LeyStand said:

Sean Dyche is on £420,000 at Burnley, Derby County will not be paying GR anywhere near that figure. FYI Nigel Clough was only on £100,000 p.a.

How do you know how much he was on?

Considering the rumours Clement was on 1 million a year, then i doubt Rowett has been bought in on such a vastly reduced salary. Not saying it will be that much but I would expect there to be a decent salary in it for Rowett.

Its not something any of us will prove anyway.

Archived