Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

So we're finally producing top class footballing talent - and then rolling over and letting Watford, Huddersfield and now Stoke ******* City simply take them all away.

Watford, Huddersfield and Stoke.

Agreed, it's staggering that anyone would even consider leaving a team that has been in The Championship for 10 years and try and better themselves in the Premier League (whilst inevitably increasing their earnings potential).

I just hope we got good compensation for Rowett. He has gone right? 

As a Derby County fan, I would expect a statement from Gary Rowett distance himself from this speculation.  We as a club, do not need a repeat performance of the McClaren to Newcastle fiasco that affected the team's performance on the pitch.  McClaren didn't answer the question directly when asked about the Newcastle job and look what happened, GR needs to put a stop to the speculation before it snow balls out of control......that is, unless he actually wants to go!

1 minute ago, TomG said:

As a Derby County fan, I would expect a statement from Gary Rowett distance himself from this speculation.  We as a club, do not need a repeat performance of the McClaren to Newcastle fiasco that affected the team's performance on the pitch.  McClaren didn't answer the question directly when asked about the Newcastle job and look what happened, GR needs to put a stop to the speculation before it snow balls out of control......that is, unless he actually wants to go!

I would do the exact opposite - not say a word unless and until Stoke make a statement of intent and ask Derby for permission to speak to him. If he comes out now, on the back of what is no more than social media tittle tattle and says he's not interested in the Stoke job when he's not even been approached, he's going to make himself look a right big 'I am'.

Unfortunately it's another consequence of social media that too many feel they have to respond to every comment made about them by people who haven't a clue - they don't!

Obvious worst case scenario is he leaves. But he’s left us in a very healthy position. A good squad of players with no serious injuries, a squad that looks to be working for each other, sat in 2nd with a good chance of promotion, an owner that has seemingly learnt from his mistakes and has taken a back seat but has invested well. 

I don’t want to see him go, but we’d have managers queuing up for the job if he did. What will be will be, no point stressing about it.

12 hours ago, Topram said:

He started at 16/1 on skybet he's 6/1 so the odds are awful when he's not going to leave 

Missed that. Don't know why he's (still) not listed on Oddschecker. You're right it's not worth an "insurance bet" but if anyone is worried about there being odds, then Martin O'Neill is odds on for the role.

Archived