Derby County F.C. v Millwall F.C.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Figured you’d pop out and have a little dig like your clueless Ninos comment in the Pub ... predictable. 

And I talk like I talk homeboy. Deal with it

Im delighted with DCFC and I  was addressing why the one guy and his chums who take every chance to big up Martin are hyper critical of Rowett regardless of the results he gets and the chemistry between players that he’s found. Why you think that is? Coincidence that they love CM Mcclaren and can’t abide Rowett ? Or not?

Homeboy??? Haha - grow up 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One other thing - what's this 'dude' nonsense? Either you're American or you use the word to try and make yourself appear clever. Doubt you're American so it's probably the second reason. You shouldn't because it's not working.

Bit harsh dude.

Well that was a great day out wasn't it. 

Held firm while they had. 15/20 minute rush at us then annihilated them in a 5 minute spell. Game over. Sure they had some chances and Carson pulled off some cracking saves but we were all over the. At the other end too.

before mentioning any player, the thing that was head and shoulders above everything was the team as a unit. They all played at max revs and hunted the ball down. We moved for each other at throw ins, the corners were dangerous, threatening. They LOOKED for their team mates at every opportunity. We used the full width of the pitch frequently. 

I couldn't pick MOTM but thought Johnson was as committed and strong as I have seen him in a Derby Shirt. Vydra no longer drifts around when out of possession .. He goes on a full metal jacket hunting expedition. All the back 4 even when under pressure looked panic free. And Nuge is probably the classiest all round finisher at this level. Carson ... Wide awake for all 92 mins and his speed of distribution is getting better. Fozzy gets critisised but right at the end we saw a flash of the old Fozzy .. One on one he didn't do what he has been doing since he came back .. I.e. Stop check play the safe ball ... He bombed on as of old and went past his man. Hurrah 

Milwall played some football and have the odd tricky player but they weren't the TEAM that we were.

yes there were stray passes and a few miscues but rarely in bad positions, and yes we let them get a bit too close to goal the odd time but this is competative sport so what does that matter as long is they don't score.

George must be due a start .. He looks so so controlled, forward thinking and effective in these 10/15 min cameos. I don't want to disturb a balance but if we need to move up a gear then the equipment is available Gary. 

Very happy !

merry Christmas 

Yes also thought we were very comfortable today, scored 3 good goals, played as a team, and thought every player gave 100 percent my man of the match was Johnno, but every player played there part, you can see the players believe in what they are doing, which is great credit to Gary Rowett, loved Nugents interview after the game so positive, and this is so refreshing to hear, we have a dressing room full of top professionals, who want to win for the manager, the club, the fans and themselves, thank you DCFC, for making my Christmas , hope we can keep this up? I am sure we will.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Well that was a great day out wasn't it. 

Held firm while they had. 15/20 minute rush at us then annihilated them in a 5 minute spell. Game over. Sure they had some chances and Carson pulled off some cracking saves but we were all over the. At the other end too.

before mentioning any player, the thing that was head and shoulders above everything was the team as a unit. They all played at max revs and hunted the ball down. We moved for each other at throw ins, the corners were dangerous, threatening. They LOOKED for their team mates at every opportunity. We used the full width of the pitch frequently. 

I couldn't pick MOTM but thought Johnson was as committed and strong as I have seen him in a Derby Shirt. Vydra no longer drifts around when out of possession .. He goes on a full metal jacket hunting expedition. All the back 4 even when under pressure looked panic free. And Nuge is probably the classiest all round finisher at this level. Carson ... Wide awake for all 92 mins and his speed of distribution is getting better. Fozzy gets critisised but right at the end we saw a flash of the old Fozzy .. One on one he didn't do what he has been doing since he came back .. I.e. Stop check play the safe ball ... He bombed on as of old and went past his man. Hurrah 

Milwall played some football and have the odd tricky player but they weren't the TEAM that we were.

yes there were stray passes and a few miscues but rarely in bad positions, and yes we let them get a bit too close to goal the odd time but this is competative sport so what does that matter as long is they don't score.

George must be due a start .. He looks so so controlled, forward thinking and effective in these 10/15 min cameos. I don't want to disturb a balance but if we need to move up a gear then the equipment is available Gary. 

Very happy !

merry Christmas 

On Thorne, I'm fairly convinced there is going to come a point during the season where he starts and from then on is a mainstay. He's just got too much quality to not play when he is fit.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

It’s not hard to figure out Bobby - If Martin doesn’t play - even if he has no impact - the ding dong dude and some others won’t be happy, even if we win every game 15-0 from now to the end of the season and get promoted. Since GR doesn’t start him they don’t like GR. It’s really very very weird. 

Lol,you obviously have selective reading (assuming  you do it for yourself)

Look back at my post after the match...i praised our performance and also Nugent,who scored two excellent goals.....

I've also recently praised our ongoing improvement in form.....thank god,I never want to see us play as we did against Birmingham again in my life.

I've nothing against rowetts other than he talks a load of balls and frequently does the opposite to what he says... But as long as Derby keep improving,he can speak Klingon for all I care.

iW8tsoJWcfPc4.gif

My two peneth (for what it' worth) . 

* Vydra's a class above and although it wasn' quite happening for him at the start of his Rams career , anyone with half a brain could tell he was a class above. 

* The whole teams looking like a team (including the bench , the squads going to be vital) 

* 110 % happy that I was wrong writing Fozzy off , he' been brilliant the last two games 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

* Vydra's a class above and although it wasn' quite happening for him at the start of his Rams career , anyone with half a brain could tell he was a class above. 

Not having that. I've got half a brain and I couldn't tell he was any good before this season....errr...hang on...

I've always been a GR advocate but I worried when it seemed we "fluked" games with the style that we played. But now I'm almost won over. Millwall came at us today, like Messerschmitts peppering our defence with cannon fire. Then Gary issued his orders:

GR: "Ok Nuge, time to let one go".

NUGE: "Right-O Squandron Leader".

BANG! 1-0. 

2 minutes later...

GR "Chocks away Vyds...let them have it".

BANG! 2-0.

3 mins later:

GR: "See them orff Nuge...then it's back to Blighty for a Burton and a game of cards".

BANG! 3-0. 

I actually felt sorry for Millwall. We bullied them. Held them at arm's length whilst they punched air. Totally shut their fans up too who started with real braggadoccio but were reduced to creeping out slowly, in fun-eral procession. 

Happy Christmas Gary Rowett. :mellow:

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lol,you obviously have selective reading (assuming  you do it for yourself)

Look back at my post after the match...i praised our performance and also Nugent,who scored two excellent goals.....

I've also recently praised our ongoing improvement in form.....thank god,I never want to see us play as we did against Birmingham again in my life.

I've nothing against rowetts other than he talks a load of balls and frequently does the opposite to what he says... But as long as Derby keep improving,he can speak Klingon for all I care.

iW8tsoJWcfPc4.gif

Exactly how does he talk a load of balls? He basically says exactly what’s up. He’s a truthmonger who has stated his playing style, who’s talked of improving our deficiencies without the ball and emphasized squad trimming and hes specifically mentioned certain players limitations etc throughout his interviews. The only topic where his talk hasn’t matched his actions are on infusing youth and the bloated squad can explain that blockage. You need to go back and listen to Wassall and Mcclaren for rants most irrelevant to the actual games we watched. Gobsmackingly frustrsting those were. Clement was just full of excuses.

Rowett is top drawer and is bang on the money : reality is that if he played your boy and talked more of his superb talent you’d love him.

Get on the bandwagon cuz it’s rolling. 

44 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

AC%20-%20186.jpg

Look at cowardly Chris Martin in the background, muttering under his breath "We'll see if you're celebrating as much when I shove that knife into your ribs."

Piss poor attitude from Derby's resident black cloud.

If you look very closely there’s a large black dagger in his left hand. Hard to see cuz it blends with his black sleeve Look closely! See it? :D

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

My two peneth (for what it' worth) . 

* The whole teams looking like a team (including the bench , the squads going to be vital) 

* 110 % happy that I was wrong writing Fozzy off , he' been brilliant the last two games 

Mcclaren basically punished Vydra by sticking him out wide or benching him. Pearson player and all that you know. It was criminal. I know we are all falling over ourselves right now with players over performing but can’t agree on Fozzy being “brilliant”. In a side of players playing amazingly well hes still shaky and it appeared for a while that Millwall were targeting him cuz they stood no chance with Bairdinho. I agree he’s getting better but the guy loves giving unnecessary corners away. Rowett is showing incredible faith in him and I guess that’s commendable. But This isn’t the Fozzy of old he’s about half way back to that.

just saying. 

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Mcclaren basically punished Vydra by sticking him out wide or benching him. Pearson player and all that you know. It was criminal. I know we are all falling over ourselves right now with players over performing but can’t agree on Fozzy being “brilliant”. In a side of players playing amazingly well hes still shaky and it appeared for a while that Millwall were targeting him cuz they stood no chance with Bairdinho. I agree he’s getting better but the guy loves giving unnecessary corners away. Rowett is showing incredible faith in him and I guess that’s commendable. But This isn’t the Fozzy of old he’s about half way back to that.

just saying. 

The nonsense you post is typified by the "punishment" notion. Vydra is doing well because we now play in a formation that suits him - and have players around him to bring out his best i.e. Nugent, signed by McClaren by the way.

McClaren preferred 4-3-3 and it got us to Wembley, nothing to do with who signed him that Vydra was played wide.

I was ready to sack off vydra for nothing under the umbrella of sometimes players just don’t work out at a club. I thought we’d mahoosively overpaid and he was a 1 or 2 season wonder. His basic ineptitude was summed up when he came on Leeds away when we lost and he misplaced a 5 yard pass so badly I wasn’t sure how he’d forged a career in football. Still to this day I don’t get it. I get being poor in front of goal with low confidence but to me that was lack of basic ability. But as has been said with him (and probably the likes of Blackman etc), play them in a position that works for them and their abilities and you’ve got a good player.

Archived