Derby County F.C. v Millwall F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks but get pissed later and have another go please.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Fair assessment BR7 but I prefer the drunken after match analysis but you are excused this once since you was otherwise engaged. Merry Xmas. :thumbsup:

I'm getting pissed tonight, tomorrow and Boxing Day. If we win at Hull expect a festive special.

Just need to come back on here and mention how much I love Chris Baird again. He's had a rough spell at this club, with his captaincy followed by complete anonymity and then to come back in when called upon years later and be one of the best performers in the squad and keep out one of our marquee signings of the summer. Pretty unbelievable. 

He's just immensely professional, brings a calming presence and consistently puts decent balls in. 

I bought our 3rd kit yesterday, and got Keogh 6 on the back - was tempted to go for Baird though. They've both earned it.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Never has this humble pie tasted so nice!

A few months back I was unsure that I could ever warm to 'Rowettball', but got to admit that the last 2 matches have been great entertainment with perfect results.

If Weimann had finished that chance yesterday it would have been the best team goal since that goal at Yeovil. 

My only real concern is, based on the last 2 games, it can't be long before teams realise that coming to Pride Park and trying to play football is a bad idea. 

I warming to Rowett too. The quality of football has definitely been steadily improving since Brentford. And whilst I'd like us to have a bit more control in some games (From his interview Rowett agrees for yesterday).

I have still my doubts about him, mostly due to actions made or things said in the summer but game by game they are getting masked by the positives.

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

Just need to come back on here and mention how much I love Chris Baird again. He's had a rough spell at this club, with his captaincy followed by complete anonymity and then to come back in when called upon years later and be one of the best performers in the squad and keep out one of our marquee signings of the summer. Pretty unbelievable. 

He's just immensely professional, brings a calming presence and consistently puts decent balls in. 

I bought our 3rd kit yesterday, and got Keogh 6 on the back - was tempted to go for Baird though. They've both earned it.

Bar a uncharacteristic dodgy header across the box, he was immense yesterday. Just wish he was 5 years younger. Still would give him another year on his contract mind....

5 hours ago, archied said:

Seeing the grumpy dwarf posted when martin not started ,would it be poss to see the happy dwarf posted after nugent and vydra get three between them ? Come on post that happy dwarf kasha,

There you go archied,here one for the nuge.

Although I did praise the team on here after the match,I'm sure that you you prefer an illustration!

OpfkuToK5gSHK.gif

28 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Baird’s corners are a massive plus for us right now. Who would of thought that! 

It's kinda getting silly with Baird at this point; first he's a solid defender, then we realise his passing is fantastic, then we realise he can put a really good cross and now corners ?!? If we stuck him up front we'd probably find out he's a classy finisher as well....

Not to be negative, but it was almost a shame we went 3-0 up so quickly. That said, credit to Millwall for really giving it a go. Some better finishers, or Carson being off his usual high standards, and it could have been very different.

Great from front to back today. All round team performance was great too. Everyone working really hard for each other.

Carson pulling off great saves.

Baird ran Vydra very close for my MoTM. Defended masterfully, great distribution, dangerous corners. Just wish he was a couple of years younger. Andre who?

Keogh and Davies are one hell of a partnership. My only worry yesterday was that, in the second half, Davies kept getting sucked in as he marked their striker and nobody dropped in to fill the gap when he didn't win the header. Cleared one off the line in the first half. Both their reading of the game and positional sense have been very good. Loved Keogh's little battle with Steve Morison too.

Forsyth continues to improve. I find it fascinating that people are willing to give Thorne patience, yet not Foz, despite him having as serious an injury for time out.

Huddlestone starting to control games. I saw an article where he said he wasn't quite fit in the early part of the season. Would go some way to explaining his lack of form, and I was quite critical and thought he was Rowett's poorest deal of the summer. Certainly has improved.

Ledley is this season's Eustace, except for the bookings. Does the simple stuff really well. Keeps us ticking over. Amazed he keeps finding himself in shooting positions though!

I love Matej Vydra. Simple as that. Starting to play more like an attacking midfielder without losing that goal threat. His tracking back and work ethic was the best it has been. Such an intelligent player. Cracking goal.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Never has this humble pie tasted so nice!

A few months back I was unsure that I could ever warm to 'Rowettball', but got to admit that the last 2 matches have been great entertainment with perfect results.

If Weimann had finished that chance yesterday it would have been the best team goal since that goal at Yeovil. 

My only real concern is, based on the last 2 games, it can't be long before teams realise that coming to Pride Park and trying to play football is a bad idea. 

Respect ,,, ?

Archived