Derby County F.C. v Millwall F.C.

Boycie

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

It's kinda getting silly with Baird at this point; first he's a solid defender, then we realise his passing is fantastic, then we realise he can put a really good cross and now corners ?!? If we stuck him up front we'd probably find out he's a classy finisher as well....

His corners are superb. Low, flat trajectory with pace. Not sure it was a god idea though of Nuge to break the code: 2 arms up=back post and 1 arm=front post, though maybe it's a "double bluff" as Nuge's first was off a "back post" corner, scored at the front post. :mellow:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

His corners are superb. Low, flat trajectory with pace. Not sure it was a god idea though of Nuge to break the code: 2 arms up=back post and 1 arm=front post, though maybe it's a "double bluff" as Nuge's first was off a "back post" corner, scored at the front post. :mellow:

Too be honest listening to Rowetts interview it sounds like that delivery was a little bit of a **** up from Baird that worked to our advantage with Nugent' s run to the near (which if everything goes to plan is a decoy run).

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The thing is,he can mix up his corners at will....high low,fast,slow..it's all in his box

24 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Definitely a double bluff.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I'd like to think he was at training one day, watching the usual suspects hit the corners, then thought FFS, marched forward and showed them how to do it.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd like to think he was at training one day, watching the usual suspects hit the corners, then thought FFS, marched forward and showed them how to do it.

You might have something there because Lawrence's corners and free kicks are not good Or maybe its just another Rowett masterstroke

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not to be negative, but it was almost a shame we went 3-0 up so quickly. That said, credit to Millwall for really giving it a go. Some better finishers, or Carson being off his usual high standards, and it could have been very different.

Great from front to back today. All round team performance was great too. Everyone working really hard for each other.

Carson pulling off great saves.

Baird ran Vydra very close for my MoTM. Defended masterfully, great distribution, dangerous corners. Just wish he was a couple of years younger. Andre who?

Keogh and Davies are one hell of a partnership. My only worry yesterday was that, in the second half, Davies kept getting sucked in as he marked their striker and nobody dropped in to fill the gap when he didn't win the header. Cleared one off the line in the first half. Both their reading of the game and positional sense have been very good. Loved Keogh's little battle with Steve Morison too.

Forsyth continues to improve. I find it fascinating that people are willing to give Thorne patience, yet not Foz, despite him having as serious an injury for time out.

Huddlestone starting to control games. I saw an article where he said he wasn't quite fit in the early part of the season. Would go some way to explaining his lack of form, and I was quite critical and thought he was Rowett's poorest deal of the summer. Certainly has improved.

Ledley is this season's Eustace, except for the bookings. Does the simple stuff really well. Keeps us ticking over. Amazed he keeps finding himself in shooting positions though!

I love Matej Vydra. Simple as that. Starting to play more like an attacking midfielder without losing that goal threat. His tracking back and work ethic was the best it has been. Such an intelligent player. Cracking goal.

I might be bit skeptical, but his performance has improved after Thorne played against Burton...

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Too be honest listening to Rowetts interview it sounds like that delivery was a little bit of a **** up from Baird that worked to our advantage with Nugent' s run to the near (which if everything goes to plan is a decoy run).

That’s what I heard too. Not planned says GR whereas watching it live it seemed like a training ground routine it was that clinical 

Archived