Boycie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good performance

good entertainment

better atmosphere

great result

i can't remember the last time we had to make subs because someone was having a shocker. It's more to give players a breather and for game management. Every player is is performing and making an impact in their role.  It's been a few years since that was the case.

Excellent result three very good goals _ I thought we got sloppy at times but hey ho but a rare mention to Millwall who I thought never gave up and worked very hard but when you consider that when they have lost it has been basically by one goal apart from when Barnsley did them - great result Derby 

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

One of those days where it’s alright to be a Derby fan.

Enjoy it. It gets worse than this.

5DBCA7B9-E96B-4279-9D45-0752CE0BEB2E.jpeg

Great picture and a great result, other results go our way, we are up to third breathing down Cardiff’s neck, what’s not to love? Happy Christmas Rams fans everywhere. ???

52 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I really don't see the need for this "freshening up" nonsense.

It was a week ago that we last played,  now we go Tuesday - Saturday which is just a bog standard week in the championship.

The Monday v Sheff Utd will be the game for a few changes, if any.

But it's Christmas init. Loads of work dos and meeting up with old mates and family. Most the squad will be out on the booze 4-5 times a night thru December, plus they'll be gorging themselves with turkey all day on Xmas day.

We have improved ten fold since the start of the season. I think at the midway point the season defining moment so far must be the signing of Ledley. 

I think we have got 34 points from 16 games. If we can maintain that I will not be complaining. I hope we grow this second half of the season and start to play to our full potential. 

I can remember back to the 5 - 0 win over Hull and I was quite critical of the team and thought the result papered over some cracks. I think the cracks have gone now. It's time for us to move on. GR has done something I didn't think was possible and is getting the best out of all the players. I could go on all night.

Merry Christmas everyone see you at Hull if you're going.

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

Rowett keeps saying how it's a busy time and we need a full squad and then doesn't change it!

Against Villa, Johnson was in because his strength was needed.

Today when guile or creativity will be more important, it's the same line up.

Thorne in would have been ideal, save Tom for the trip to Hull.

Strange choices. It's not a team that allows us to control a game and take it to Millwall. Should be good enough to win but it's slightly surprising to me.

Oh ye of little faith.....

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

But it's Christmas init. Loads of work dos and meeting up with old mates and family. Most the squad will be out on the booze 4-5 times a night thru December, plus they'll be gorging themselves with turkey all day on Xmas day.

You're right, Chrissy Martin will definitely need resting.

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Hardly a shocker anymore, is it? Talk and action are pretty weakly correlated if you really listen to him.

I prefer the approach where I don't listen to him at all. Just enjoy positive results.

What an incredible assessment to make at this point in time

A one win ,one loss swing puts us In second/ auto spot ,,,,, Garry rowett take a bow for work so far , , vydra and nugent also clear first choice pairing up front ,, rowett is not afraid to make the unpopular decisions that often need to be made for the greater good of the team

15 minutes ago, Gritters said:

We have improved ten fold since the start of the season. I think at the midway point the season defining moment so far must be the signing of Ledley. 

I think we have got 34 points from 16 games. If we can maintain that I will not be complaining. I hope we grow this second half of the season and start to play to our full potential. 

I can remember back to the 5 - 0 win over Hull and I was quite critical of the team and thought the result papered over some cracks. I think the cracks have gone now. It's time for us to move on. GR has done something I didn't think was possible and is getting the best out of all the players. I could go on all night.

Merry Christmas everyone see you at Hull if you're going.

So far this season when Ledley has played:

P14 W10 D3 L1 GS 25 GA 6.

Speaks absolute volumes.

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I said/thought similar. 

I have always considered this season a rebuilding season - get rid of some of the excess players bought by previous regimes and give GR a couple of seasons to assemble his own squad. I figured play-offs at best.  Shows you what I know :p

I still think a glorious play-offs failure wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as I think we'd be very lightweight heading into the Prem again (shades of wee Billy getting promoted to early) but at least we have an owner who would back us and a manager that (hopefully) wouldn't spend millions on utter dross this time. 

That said, GR does seem to be getting the best out of the players in a system that they are becoming more familiar with each week. The next batch of games will test our promotion credentials.  If we're still in and around the top 2 by the end of Jan I'll start believing the auto's are achievable. 

COYR!

2 hours ago, needles said:

Could have bee 6-3 rather than 3-0. Cracking entertainment, but back to basics defensively please at Hull lads!

Well done.

Oh dear.

Good but not quite good enough

Every silver lining has a cloud and all that....

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I really don't see the need for this "freshening up" nonsense.

It was a week ago that we last played,  now we go Tuesday - Saturday which is just a bog standard week in the championship.

The Monday v Sheff Utd will be the game for a few changes, if any.

There isnt a right or wrong in it really, but we have a big enough squad that’s working well that we don’t have to push players to the point they pick up unnecessary niggles. It’s just about being sensible, I’m confident no player will let us down now

28 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Oh dear.

Good but not quite good enough

Every silver lining has a cloud and all that....

Well no...I posted briefly, including 'cracking entertainment" and "well done". I'm buzzing.

I want us to be more solid at Hull, ad I hear Gary Rowett agrees. That's all.

Archived