Derby County F.C. v Millwall F.C.

Boycie

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

That warms the cockles of a sceptical old scrote,  (and mine too :lol:) Merry Christmas. ? 

Don't come on here warming your scrote.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

All 3 finishes were sublime, nuges first was a cheeky flick, Vydras shows his confidence is letting his ability shine and nuge had no right to get onto that fantastic cross from jono but he did and what's goal!!

The third goal was a real 'Bobby Davison' finish.

39 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

So far this season when Ledley has played:

P14 W10 D3 L1 GS 25 GA 6.

Speaks absolute volumes.

Ledley could be Rowett's Igor.

a player who came in and transformed the team. He just keeps popping up in all the holes making everything gel.....or tick.

a sort of quiet welsh bearded ticking jelly.

46 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I said/thought similar. 

I have always considered this season a rebuilding season - get rid of some of the excess players bought by previous regimes and give GR a couple of seasons to assemble his own squad. I figured play-offs at best.  Shows you what I know :p

I still think a glorious play-offs failure wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as I think we'd be very lightweight heading into the Prem again (shades of wee Billy getting promoted to early) but at least we have an owner who would back us and a manager that (hopefully) wouldn't spend millions on utter dross this time. 

That said, GR does seem to be getting the best out of the players in a system that they are becoming more familiar with each week. The next batch of games will test our promotion credentials.  If we're still in and around the top 2 by the end of Jan I'll start believing the auto's are achievable. 

COYR!

One thing i did think today was that the sub's came on and knew what they were doing in the team quite well (apart from Russell's don't know what im doing but I'll do it as hard as i can moment) - Winnall doing the nuge role, thorne played a couple of nice touches and passes, JR took over the RWF role.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ledley could be Rowett's Igor.

a player who came in and transformed the team. He just keeps popping up in all the holes making everything gel.....or tick.

a sort of quiet welsh bearded ticking jelly.

Could well be at it. If anybody gets chance just focus on him for a few minutes in a game when we haven't got the ball. He constantly is scanning for where dangerous positions might open up or where space might open and then moves over to close it off. What he does can go unnoticed at times but he is literally a master of screening the defence.

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey, talk about hard to please....

It’s not hard to figure out Bobby - If Martin doesn’t play - even if he has no impact - the ding dong dude and some others won’t be happy, even if we win every game 15-0 from now to the end of the season and get promoted. Since GR doesn’t start him they don’t like GR. It’s really very very weird. 

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It’s not hard to figure out Bobby - If Martin doesn’t play - even if he has no impact - the ding dong dude and some others won’t be happy, even if we win every game 15-0 from now to the end of the season and get promoted. Since GR doesn’t start him they don’t like GR. It’s really very very weird. 

Yeah it's like they're obsessed or something! Imagine that!!

11 minutes ago, Ninos said:

images-5.jpg.1f1304f85f4b95446cb063c346e98d7d.jpg

37 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

How long after promotion will it be that some smart Alec will proclaim Rowett as being lucky, as he only signed Ledley 'cos the Keif transfer fell through?

I mean to a certain extent Rowett was fortunate when it came Keiftenbeld/Ledley (although I guess we don't know how well Keiftenbeld would have done for us). However he wouldn't be the first manager in history that stumbled across a player or formation or first 11 that helped *click* everything into place. 

23 minutes ago, Ninos said:

802.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

What's really weird is the constant drivel you seem eager to post about Martin.

Needless to say I, like thousands of others, am a big fan of CM but my opinion of him is not so myopic as to not recognise that the link up play between Nugent and Vydra is working and on that basis Rowett is right to persevere with this combination for as long as it continues to work. 

On the other hand, even on the back of a good team performance which takes us up to the lofty heights of 3rd in the division, you find any way you can to stick the knife in - pathetic.

One other thing - what's this 'dude' nonsense? Either you're American or you use the word to try and make yourself appear clever. Doubt you're American so it's probably the second reason. You shouldn't because it's not working.

10 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Some great goals today. Glad Nugent got a couple today. Third place in the league. Another clean sheet. Keep it going Derby absolutely brilliant.

Some great goals but that one with the great passing that nearly crossed the line would have been goal of the season if the buzzer had gone.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What's really weird is the constant drivel you seem eager to post about Martin.

Needless to say I, like thousands of others, am a big fan of CM but my opinion of him is not so myopic as to not recognise that the link up play between Nugent and Vydra is working and on that basis Rowett is right to persevere with this combination for as long as it continues to work. 

On the other hand, even on the back of a good team performance which takes us up to the lofty heights of 3rd in the division, you find any way you can to stick the knife in - pathetic.

One other thing - what's this 'dude' nonsense? Either you're American or you use the word to try and make yourself appear clever. Doubt you're American so it's probably the second reason. You shouldn't because it's not working.

Figured you’d pop out and have a little dig like your clueless Ninos comment in the Pub ... predictable. 

And I talk like I talk homeboy. Deal with it

Im delighted with DCFC and I  was addressing why the one guy and his chums who take every chance to big up Martin are hyper critical of Rowett regardless of the results he gets and the chemistry between players that he’s found. Why you think that is? Coincidence that they love CM Mcclaren and can’t abide Rowett ? Or not?

Archived