Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think you're a good poster Kernow but what a weird thing to say. If people can't complain about todays performance and result then we might as well shut down the forum and stop debating. 

Loads of talk about perspective but as soon as someone even thinks about criticising (which is more than justified, backed up by plenty of valid points) they get shut down with posts like this? Sorry mate, I can't agree.

Rowett out posts aren't worth the time of day at this stage, they're not the type I'm on about. 

Obviously complaining is acceptable. I'm talking about those who complain every single time we lose and want the manager gone. It's almost as if they've been hoping for a game like this to come about.

7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

12 points out of 15 think that's promotion form all teams lose matches 

You have forgotten the two points thrown away against Sunderland, Brentford and Birmingham and the woeful performances against Sheffield Utd, Bristol City and Wolves. The progress made since Cardiff has just been wasted.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Obviously complaining is acceptable. I'm talking about those who complain every single time we lose and want the manager gone. It's almost as if they've been hoping for a game like this to come about.

To be fair that's one poster (so far) who will probably chill his bean after a couple of beers and a good nights sleep. I'm sure there will be a couple more when they trickle in after getting home but they're in a minority. 

There's got to be middle ground. It's all well and good jumping on a bandwagon after a few results but when the performances haven't been there in the first place I think the people who have been calling this should have their two-penneth too without labelling them wrist slashers which seems to be the theme from a few posters. 

Let's get it into perspective. We are 6th in the championship with a multi manager team cobbled together by GR. Not his best starting eleven today, but I presume he is still trying different combinations.

If it makes anyone feel any better my Dads got a season ticket at Torquay Utd. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

You have forgotten the two points thrown away against Sunderland, Brentford and Birmingham and the woeful performances against Sheffield Utd, Bristol City and Wolves. The progress made since Cardiff has just been wasted.

So you can only make progress if you never lose? :blink:

Brilliant goal from Martin and he put Lawrence through on a cert that he somehow missed.

God knows why Nugent wasn't replaced with vydra at the same time Martin came on,the nuge was absolutely knackered.

Positives were the work and passion of Johnson,Russell,Nugent,wisdom and the straightforward skill and intelligence of Martin.

Tactics awful,rowetts decision making poor,winnall had a terrible session as well.

This result was coming i.m.o,we have been riding our luck.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You think Rowett isn’t complaining after that showing. It’s not wrist slashing it’s demanding better. Love Rowett but he botched it up today. When we were down by 3 we should have added another forward and took off a defender. Pretty obvious really. The good news is he will look more strongly to Vydra and Thorne which is a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Brilliant goal from Martin and he put Lawrence through on a cert that he somehow missed.

God knows why Nugent wasn't replaced with vydra at the same time Martin came on,the nuge was absolutely knackered.

Positives were the work and passion of Johnson,Russell,Nugent,wisdom and the straightforward skill and intelligence of Martin.

Tactics awful,rowetts decision making poor,winnall had a terrible session as well.

This result was coming i.m.o,we have been riding our luck.

Exaggeration on Martin as usual but agree with the rest. Vydra must play he’s our top scorer and most dynamic forward.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

So you can only make progress if you never lose? :blink:

How can losing to Reading be construed as progress? A home draw would have been disappointing given their track record this season. But a 4-2 defeat is plain poor. No doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You think Rowett isn’t complaining after that showing. It’s not wrist slashing it’s demanding better. Love Rowett but he botched it up today. When we were down by 3 we should have added another forward and took off a defender. Pretty obvious really. The good news is he will look more strongly to Vydra and Thorne which is a good thing. 

You missed out Martin there ninos....even you should admit we improved once he came on...(and scored a pearler)....no exaggeration either, i was 30 feet from the goal.

Typical Derby. Shocking. 

Forysth was truly abysmal. Lawrence was dire and should be no where near set plays from now on. Can't believe Vydra didn't come on at halftime. Winnall and Nugent was pressing and then you have the four midfielders behind them standing around doing nothing. 

Keogh and Ledley missed badly. Can't believe Rowett gave Pearce a new contract. 

Archived