Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

12 hours ago, theroyal said:

Hello chaps, Royals fan back here.

Well, bloody hell, I'm shocked by that result and performance by us. Bad day at the office for you guys I suppose, I am surprised but that's football. Keogh going off and Agent Pearce coming on sounded like it was key, our attacking players turned up and Stam got his tactics right (hallelujah). 

All the best for the rest of the season, I think you'll be top 6, not so sure about us yet but this week has been really good. 

Impressive game by your young left back, whose name escapes me.

If that was his debut, he did very well indeed. 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 09:12, TroyDyer said:

I know there is zero room for sentiment in football, but I can't help but feel sorry for Shackell. Got sold off to Burnley, then brought back, only to be pied off to the reserves, and the transfer list again. Must regret coming back. 

Shackell has been unfit for much of the time he has been back. Persistent back problems / operations on same? etc. Playing in U23s was part of his rehab.   And the team has now passed him by. Its what happens when you are persistently unavailable. Decisions have to be made about filling your place. He has been made available for transfer because he is now  unlikely to get much first team playing time. And he must be one of our highest earners?? And one of our oldest ?

On 11/6/2017 at 09:12, TroyDyer said:

I know there is zero room for sentiment in football, but I can't help but feel sorry for Shackell. Got sold off to Burnley, then brought back, only to be pied off to the reserves, and the transfer list again. Must regret coming back. 

Shackell only went back to Derby because they offered him more money in a long-term deal. More mercenary than most footballers.

Archived