Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday

peachmyster

23 minutes ago, Waffle said:

What happened with the smoke bomb? Annoyingly I had to leave about 2 minutes before it happened to pick my girlfriend up. 

First one landed in the South stand and most people laughed it off, it was when the 2nd and 3rd came in that people got wound up. The 3rd just missed me and clipped my mates 8 year old lad. A couple that bring their 2 young lads got out quickly because the 2nd nearly hit them. I saw Derby fans who normally stay out of any squabbles getting really wound up and having a go at their fans.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

My ratings are based on everything and their all round play today. Unfortunately I don't take "passion" into account. Russell had a straight forward one on one in the second half but ended up turning and wasting the whole attack. Wisdom was poor today but Russell didn't exactly help him which is why Wisdom kept losing the ball, Russell didn't exactly provide him any options. Russell also in the first half had the opportunity to provide Lawrence a straight forward through ball but ended up hitting it way too long and he had the nerve to blame Lawrence. Lawrence was involved in everything good we did today. Russell was also good but he made far too many simple mistakes. People see what they want to see and Russell gets away with a lot because Derby fans like him. I'm unbiased and look at their whole game, which is why I wasn't afraid to credit Martin but criticise Vydra today.

Oh come on, you slated Russell (a player you clearly aren't a huge fan of) for not taking his chances, but then praised Lawrence and said he did everything right today despite him missing a 1 on 1 and wasting other chances himself. Both were good today, Lawrence probably the better of the 2, but don't claim people who don't agree with you must be biased towards a certain player when it appears you're showing bias yourself. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My ratings are based on everything and their all round play today. Unfortunately I don't take "passion" into account. Russell had a straight forward one on one in the second half but ended up turning and wasting the whole attack. Wisdom was poor today but Russell didn't exactly help him which is why Wisdom kept losing the ball, Russell didn't exactly provide him any options. Russell also in the first half had the opportunity to provide Lawrence a straight forward through ball but ended up hitting it way too long and he had the nerve to blame Lawrence. Lawrence was involved in everything good we did today. Russell was also good but he made far too many simple mistakes. People see what they want to see and Russell gets away with a lot because Derby fans like him. I'm unbiased and look at their whole game, which is why I wasn't afraid to credit Martin but criticise Vydra today.

To be fair, I don't know know what Lawrence did today either. I'd be surprised if he even got a key pass in the game so an 8 is way too high.

Russell was the only one really trying from the front four to me, especially as the game went on. His cross to Vydra and the assist for the goal were two examples of good play. Two more than I can think of for Lawrence.

Still, I'm not sure I'd give anyone more than seven simply because it was another poor game from us. Getting wins whilst playing poor is great news, but when the opposition turn up, which they will soon, we will be in more trouble.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Oh come on, you slated Russell (a player you clearly aren't a huge fan of) for not taking his chances, but then praised Lawrence and said he did everything right today despite him missing a 1 on 1 and wasting other chances himself. Both were good today, Lawrence probably the better of the 2, but don't claim people who don't agree with you must be biased towards a certain player when it appears you're showing bias yourself. 

Lawrence missed a one on one that's correct but he was clearly fouled. I'm not Russell's fan but I'm not a fan of Martin or Johnson either but I have praised them. As I said, if Russell had Ince's brain, he would have easily got a hattrick. Everyone could see that Wisdom and Huddlestone were struggling today today(both of whom were on Russell's side of the pitch) and instead of helping them, he ended up taking the easy option and didn't help help them. Everyone's quick to praise Russell, he did plenty of good things today but also did many straight forward things wrong. By far the most frustrating Derby player in years.

He's got Jeff Hendrick syndrome, does well when he doesn't have to think he ends up fluncking it when he had time to think.

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Should have been out of sight first half, first a golden chance for Lawrence to kill the game (tripped in the process of shooting for what should have been a 2nd penalty) and then Westwood escaped a red following a handball in stopping Keogh's goalbound effort outside the box (after a worldy pass from Big Tom).

Was always going to be nervy at 1-0 and fair play to Sheff Wed for sticking in the game until our late 2nd goal.

Some of the stick Big Tom was getting was ridiculous given the lack of movement in the front four at times today. Of course when the Gorgeous One comes on and chips a ball over the back 4 to nobody but Westwood he receives nothing but applause ?

Tom deserved some of that stick, yes there was a lack of  movement in front of him. Wednesday were packing the defence, so there was no space for our forwards to move into. Tom could have helped create that space, if instead of just looking for a pass that was never going to be on and passing the ball back to a defender. He should have moved forward with the ball at feet which would have made the opposition midfield come out to challenge him thus making space between their back four and midfield, so allowing our forwards the chance to utilise these gaps.

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

First one landed in the South stand and most people laughed it off, it was when the 2nd and 3rd came in that people got wound up. The 3rd just missed me and clipped my mates 8 year old lad. A couple that bring their 2 young lads got out quickly because the 2nd nearly hit them. I saw Derby fans who normally stay out of any squabbles getting really wound up and having a go at their fans.

I sit in the top corner of the south stand in the yellow seats. So I’d have been right there. Cheers for the reply

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lawrence missed a one on one that's correct but he was clearly fouled. I'm not Russell's fan but I'm not a fan of Martin or Johnson either but I have praised them. As I said, if Russell had Ince's brain, he would have easily got a hattrick. Everyone could see that Wisdom and Huddlestone were struggling today today(both of whom were on Russell's side of the pitch) and instead of helping them, he ended up taking the easy option and didn't help help them. Everyone's quick to praise Russell, he did plenty of good things today but also did many straight forward things wrong. By far the most frustrating Derby player in years.

He's got Jeff Hendrick syndrome, does well when he doesn't have to think he ends up fluncking it when he had time to think.

I don't have an issue with you criticising Russell if you felt he was poor, it's the whole accusing people who disagree with you as being biased towards certain players. It is not possible that someone might just have a different opinion to you? And it seems to have become the norm to patronise people who do praise players who split opinions like Keogh and Russell by saying they only rate them because of passion. As if a huge chunk of the Derby fan base have such an inferior knowledge of football to you guys, that we can only see positives in players when they look up for it playing in a Derby kit.

My ratings

Carson 6 - not much to do but stayed alert

Wisdom 5 - seemed to lose his passing radar

Forsyth 5- as above

Keogh 7 - competent as ever.

Davies 6 - occasionally panicked but one great goalsaving tackle

Ledley 6 - worked hard but one-dimensional in possession

Huddlestone 6- felt a bit sorry for him. Everyone hoped he would provide the killer ball

Lawrence 6 - again flattered to deceive. 

Russell 7 - was the only one who carried the ball at speed. Made second goal

Vydra 6 - rating higher because he scored. Showed little appetite 

Nugent 5 - hard-working but ineffectual 

Martin 6 - his game is returning. Worth a start

Johnson 6 - got a goal

Thorne didn’t play long enough 

Don't think anyone deserved more than 7 on today’s performance. One-paced and a little complacent after the early sending-off.

Rowett got the game spot on, love his honesty, but good sides win they are not on top of there game, but over all we deserved the three points today, could have kept the ball better, but some of the idiots booing in the east stand and getting on the players backs all the time, do me a favour, if Derby piss you off that much then PLEASE stay AWAY, you have a negative impact on the team, and most of you know nothing about the game, some of your comments and rants are laughable.

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I don't have an issue with you criticising Russell if you felt he was poor, it's the whole accusing people who disagree with you as being biased towards certain players. It is not possible that someone might just have a different opinion to you? And it seems to have become the norm to patronise people who do praise players who split opinions like Keogh and Russell by saying they only rate them because of passion. As if a huge chunk of the Derby fan base have such an inferior knowledge of football to you guys, that we can only see positives in players when they look up for it playing in a Derby kit.

It's not patronising when it's there for all to see. I know a number of Derby fans(including a number on here) who thought that Russell was better than Tom Ince and that Russell is better for the team. I've stated this many times, but those who played for Clough and the early McClaren days get away with far more than the players we have signed since. Russell's stats were comparable to Camara's and Blackman's stats last season( despite him playing many more minutes than both of them) yet Derby fans never gave him stick, yet Blackman was always criticised as was Camara. That suggests to me fans being biased when not all the players are given the same treatment.

Well , well , well unbeaten in 5, 3 clean sheets in a row and were 2 points off the play offs . I don't look as a daft for starting my positive thread now do I? :lol:

Laboured performance in parts but we got the job done . Keogh was just different class, won everything and barely put a foot wrong . Russell worked well , Vydra was ok first half . Huddlestone and Forsyth need to improve for me . 

Anyone else think Barry Bannan would fit seamlessly into our team ? 

34 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He's got Jeff Hendrick syndrome,

That would be Jeff Hendrick the £10m Premier League and International regular?

Russell was my MoM. Lawrence pretty anonymous.

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Well , well , well unbeaten in 5, 3 clean sheets in a row and were 2 points off the play offs . I don't look as a daft for starting my positive thread now do I? :lol:

Laboured performance in parts but we got the job done . Keogh was just different class, won everything and barely put a foot wrong . Russell worked well , Vydra was ok first half . Huddlestone and Forsyth need to improve for me . 

Anyone else think Barry Bannan would fit seamlessly into our team ? 

Either Bannan or that long haired bloke who played at half time to add some pace and mobility to our midfield.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I didn't get the Wendies goalkeeper time wasting tactics at 1 - 0 down.

I think they were happy for it to stay at 1-0 till the 80th minute or so then push for the goal(s). Better to play 10 minutes open with 10 men than 80 minutes.

Archived