Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday

peachmyster

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My ratings are based on everything and their all round play today. Unfortunately I don't take "passion" into account. Russell had a straight forward one on one in the second half but ended up turning and wasting the whole attack. Wisdom was poor today but Russell didn't exactly help him which is why Wisdom kept losing the ball, Russell didn't exactly provide him any options. Russell also in the first half had the opportunity to provide Lawrence a straight forward through ball but ended up hitting it way too long and he had the nerve to blame Lawrence. Lawrence was involved in everything good we did today. Russell was also good but he made far too many simple mistakes. People see what they want to see and Russell gets away with a lot because Derby fans like him. I'm unbiased and look at their whole game, which is why I wasn't afraid to credit Martin but criticise Vydra today.

This post honestly makes Ninos' opinion of Martin look reasonable. 

From what I remember from the game in terms of chances, Russell put 2 great crosses in early in both halves which we should have done better with (especially the second one with Vydra missing the ball entirely). He forced a decent save late in the first half from the long range effort and he assisted the second goal with a nice pass inside to Johnson. Lawrence missed a 'standard' one on one, hit a freekick into the wall then blazed the second opportunity over the bar and passed to Russell for the second goal (although he overcooked his pass and slowed the entire attack down). When was this 'standard' one on one that you're talking about? Was it even more 'standard' than the one that Lawrence missed in the first half? Not sure how you can use something like that against Russell but then completely ignore the one Lawrence missed.

Defensively we conceded close to 0 chances on Russells side (a cross in the first half where the second ball fell to Hooper is the only thing I can think of, with Reach having an absolutely torrid game. On the other side of the pitch I seem to remember Wallace having a lot more freedom, while Hunt had enough space to fizz across a few relatively dangerous crosses. Now the fullbacks certainly play a part here (Fozzy had a mare), but in the grand scheme of things we actually conceded more chances on Lawrence's side than Russell's.

Saying things such as 'people see what they want to see' and 'I'm unbiased and look at their whole' then proceeding to post one of the most biased posts I think I've seen on these forums followed by a very cherry picked analysis of the game, is questionable to say the least. Do you not think if Derby fans like Russell and you're part of that minority that jump down his throat when he makes a mistake while dismissing his good games, then perhaps your opinion on him is wrong and maybe you're the biased one?

On a sidenote - You're not Rosa Parks or something for crediting Martin and criticising Vydra today. I'm pretty sure every unbiased person who went to the game would agree that Martin came on looking to stake a claim and Vydra fell off after a very bright 20 minutes. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points again,excellent....

It does sound like we played with difficulty again though,yet more poor passing (why is this the case,it's something the team used to excell at?) and labouring to get the team more mobile and instinctive in their play.

I can only presume it's the way rowett sets them up to and it prevents natural fluency....

I haven't seen the game yet however and a win covers all sorts of issues up.....for a while anyway.

Just watched some footage and the keepers foul on Lawrence should have been a penalty.  Had Lawrence stayed on his feet he would have followed it up and scored. Can't tell whether Keogh's one on one was hand ball by the keeper. Vydra should have headed one in, in the second half. 

Good result can't see many complaints from the Wendies although some are questioning the double jeopardy rule with the sending off. My thoughts are that the defender deliberately pushed Vyds over rather than being clumsy therefore an intentional move to prevent him from scoring. 

13 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

From what I remember from the game in terms of chances, Russell put 2 great crosses in early in both halves which we should have done better with (especially the second one with Vydra missing the ball entirely). He forced a decent save late in the first half from the long range effort and he assisted the second goal with a nice pass inside to Johnson. Lawrence missed a 'standard' one on one, hit a freekick into the wall then blazed the second opportunity over the bar and passed to Russell for the second goal (although he overcooked his pass and slowed the entire attack down). When was this 'standard' one on one that you're talking about? Was it even more 'standard' than the one that Lawrence missed in the first half? Not sure how you can use something like that against Russell but then completely ignore the one Lawrence missed.

Defensively we conceded close to 0 chances on Russells side (a cross in the first half where the second ball fell to Hooper is the only thing I can think of, with Reach having an absolutely torrid game. On the other side of the pitch I seem to remember Wallace having a lot more freedom, while Hunt had enough space to fizz across a few relatively dangerous crosses. Now the fullbacks certainly play a part here (Fozzy had a mare), but in the grand scheme of things we actually conceded more chances on Lawrence's side than Russell's.

Saying things such as 'people see what they want to see' and 'I'm unbiased and look at their whole' then proceeding to post one of the most biased posts I think I've seen on these forums followed by a very cherry picked analysis of the game, is questionable to say the least. Do you not think if Derby fans like Russell and you're part of that minority that jump down his throat when he makes a mistake while dismissing his good games, then perhaps your opinion on him is wrong and maybe you're the biased one?

On a sidenote - You're not Rosa Parks or something for crediting Martin and criticising Vydra today. I'm pretty sure every unbiased person who went to the game would agree that Martin came on looking to stake a claim and Vydra fell off after a very bright 20 minutes. 

Excellent post. 

14 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Again, you're seeing what you want to see. I stated "Russell had a good game" but my criticism of him was that he made far too many simple errors. Lawrence's miss was because he was fouled(so we should have had a second penalty). Were you even at the game? Russell's one on one was in the second half but he ended up turning the wrong away because he didn't have the intelligence to appreciate his whereabouts. I stated Martin was good, which proves I don't have an agenda against Russel, as everyone knows I don't like Martin so it proves I'm willing to accept when a player is good or not. It appears Russell fans like to hype up an appearance more than anyone else. He was good, but he wasn't great. He could and should have had a hattrick today.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

3 points again,excellent....

It does sound like we played with difficulty again though,yet more poor passing (why is this the case,it's something the team used to excell at?) and labouring to get the team more mobile and instinctive in their play.

I can only presume it's the way rowett sets them up to and it prevents natural fluency....

I haven't seen the game yet however and a win covers all sorts of issues up.....for a while anyway.

Couldn’t make it today kash?

I stated that Russell had a good game but I thought Lawrence was better, then end up having it thrown down my throat because some Russell fanboys can't accept it when someone has a different opinion to them?

And people wonder why I use this forum less and less. You can't express any opinions on a players performance because people get offended when you criticise their favourite players.

13 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Just watched some footage and the keepers foul on Lawrence should have been a penalty.  Had Lawrence stayed on his feet he would have followed it up and scored. Can't tell whether Keogh's one on one was hand ball by the keeper. Vydra should have headed one in, in the second half. 

Good result can't see many complaints from the Wendies although some are questioning the double jeopardy rule with the sending off. My thoughts are that the defender deliberately pushed Vyds over rather than being clumsy therefore an intentional move to prevent him from scoring. 

Well that's what I thought.seeing it live .. Should have been a peno on Lawrence . And yes questions about the keeper again coming out of his area. Double jeopardy I'm no sure about the new rules... If it's the last man it's still a red card ? 

The shove on Vydra's back wasn't clumsy; it was blatant.  If the double jeopardy rule only relates to 'accidental' comings together then it shouldn't apply here and a red card was applicable.

Happy with result, quite a few positives for me (I know, crazy right?) but still lots and lots of improvements that can be made (tempo, movement and aggression, for example).  Foundations to build on though. 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Again, you're seeing what you want to see. I stated "Russell had a good game" but my criticism of him was that he made far too many simple errors. Lawrence's miss was because he was fouled(so we should have had a second penalty). Were you even at the game? Russell's one on one was in the second half but he ended up turning the wrong away because he didn't have the intelligence to appreciate his whereabouts. I stated Martin was good, which proves I don't have an agenda against Russel, as everyone knows I don't like Martin so it proves I'm willing to accept when a player is good or not. It appears Russell fans like to hype up an appearance more than anyone else. He was good, but he wasn't great. He could and should have had a hattrick today.

Yeah I was. I must have turned up at the wrong ground though because I certainly don't remember Russell having enough opportunities to score a hat trick. 

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

Yeah I was. I must have turned up at the wrong ground though because I certainly don't remember Russell having enough opportunities to score a hat trick. 

He had a shot that he hit straight at Westwood, the one on one in the second half and another situation where he cut back instead of passing or shooting.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He had a shot that he hit straight at Westwood, the one on one in the second half and another situation where he cut back instead of passing or shooting.

I don't know what you're talking about. I was at the City Ground by mistake.

Just now, LazloW said:

The shove on Vydra's back wasn't clumsy; it was blatant.  If the double jeopardy rule only relates to 'accidental' comings together then it shouldn't apply here and a red card was applicable.

Happy with result, quite a few positives for me (I know, crazy right?) but still lots and lots of improvements that can be made (tempo, movement and aggression, for example).  Foundations to build on though. 

Not picking on you Lazlo but just noting that it seems to me that a number of similar comments have been made in recent weeks. 

So for me, how long is it reasonable to give the regime to do some building? Now that these foundations are looking pretty solid.

28 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lawrence's miss was because he was fouled(so we should have had a second penalty)

He didn't miss because he was fouled, he was fouled after the ball had gone, similar to Ince's goal against Brum last season.

Archived