Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday

peachmyster

Saturday 21st October 2017 Pride Park Stadium KO 3pm

Well then ladies and Gentlemen we are now unbeaten in 4 we have retained the Brian Clough trophy with another fantastic  win over our local neighbours.We are 4 points off the play offs with a game in hand.

So we move on to the next game the Wendies are or next visitors who lost at the weekend to Bolton so I’m sure they are going to be up for it on Saturday.

A few topics for you all to debate 

Will Bradley come straight back into the starting 11 ?

Will George Thorne start ?

Will GR stick with the same team ? 

Unbeaten in 4 have we turned a corner ? we just need to build on this and get some consistency 

I will start the debate with I don’t think we missed BJ on Sunday so I think he will have to wait to get his place back. 

I would be happy with an unchanged team however I would really like to see Martin and Vidz start with Thorne but GR knows a lot more about football than me !

Come on you Rams 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team , be harsh to drop anyone from Sunday with the added pressure to the 11 that there's a lot of quality to come in should they let there performance slip.

Strangely confident about this game , Wendies obviously have some quality and there fans will be noisey buggers but hopefully ours will be louder and we get the 3 points ?

Like we usually do. Any team that's having a mare gets their season back on track after playing and generally beating us. I feel we are a different team now though and things like that won't happen *fingers crossed*

i would imagine the same team with BJ on the bench for winnall barring any injuries to players.

I expect zero changes but personally would bring in Martin for Nugent and Thorne for Huddlestone.

Biggest problem right is our back 6 feels completely disconnected to the front 4 and I think Martin's linkup play and Thornes ability to control a game would help significantly.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I expect zero changes but personally would bring in Martin for Nugent and Thorne for Huddlestone.

Biggest problem right is our back 6 feels completely disconnected to the front 4 and I think Martin's linkup play and Thornes ability to control a game would help significantly.

I don't think Thorne is ready for a start just yet.

Sure he looked tidy but he never got above a jog.

Hudds isn't on top form but he puts in some sterling defensive work.

Also, in a midfield pairing, you tend to stay deep and play safe passes.

An extra body would give both of our 'flair' midfielders more options.

16 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It's never going to happen though...Martin won't be starting unless Nugent is injured...only then would rowett get to see good he is and how influential he can be ,over a run of games.

Posting an unchanged side after a win is almost a statement.

Having Martin, Johnson and Thorne on the bench is a great comfort.

Russell and Nugent do all the running to apply pressure and help the team defend from the front.

When they are knackered your flair players (and Johnson) can provide fresh impetus.

Archived