ledley 7 fills the space in the middle which we need

lawrence 6 should have scored one

russell 7 excellent energy 

nugent 6 nice goal but couldn't get into much else

vydra. 7 great goal and an assist all important but that was it

subs Martin looks like he wants to play

thorne - nice but o see him on the pitch with important game time

rowett  - got it correct,

red dogs - at least they tried this time but are they mainly tiny or are we very tall? 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Very professional from Derby today

carson - 8 no mistakes two nice saves

wisdom 7 solid

keogh 7 untroubled 

Davies 7 untroubled

forsyth 7 getting better and fitter

huddlestone 6 steady but again too deep for me

ledley 7 fills the space in the middle which we need

lawrence 6 should have scored one

russell 7 excellent energy 

nugent 6 nice goal but couldn't get into much else

vydra. 7 great goal and an assist all important but that was it

subs Martin looks like he wants to play

thorne - nice but o see him on the pitch with important game time

rowett  - got it correct,

red dogs - at least they tried this time but are they mainly tiny or are we very tall? 

Very small looking side in comparison. 

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I couldn't believe the ref didn't stop the game tbh.

He seemed to be looking in that direction, was strange.

40 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Different side when we have Vydra dropping deep. His spatial awareness is so good. Both goals really made from him doing it. 

He was the difference today.

I sorta agree and disagree. No doubt that it was his quality that led to the 2 goals, plus he looked dangerous when he received the ball in space in their half and was facing their goal.

However there were quite a few occasions where he lost possession cheaply, didn't drop short to offer on option and seemingly switched off to the game being played. The major problem first half is we were struggling to get out of our half because there was nobody looking to link the play up. Our only outlet was balls over the top which forest were dealing with comfortabley for the most part (particularly with Huddlestone having a complete mare).

This might be harsh on vydra/Nugent because to an extent it did look tactical as for large stretches they were pushed right up on the centre backs but we were crying out for somebody to provide an option short. 

4 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Up the Rams nothing special first half but grew into the game , controlled most of the second half and not one player had a bad game onward and upwards!

I disagree that not one player had a bad game. Thought Huddlestone was largely poor; very sloppy and hesitant in possession and large stretches of the game seemed to drift by him. There were also quite a few times where uncharacteristicly missed chances to play diagonals that would have opened the play out (Russell was wide open for large stretches in the first half and second half Vydra made a run where a decent ball would have put him one and one bad Huddlestone seen it)

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I disagree that not one player had a bad game. Thought Huddlestone was largely poor; very sloppy and hesitant in possession and large stretches of the game seemed to drift by him. There were also quite a few times where uncharacteristicly missed chances to play diagonals that would have opened the play out (Russell was wide open for large stretches in the first half and second half Vydra made a run where a decent ball would have put him one and one bad Huddlestone seen it)

Russell deservedly won the motm award today ??????

I also thought Ledley was very good today ...I'm still not over struck on letting the opposition have so much of the ball like the first half but none the less great result and a clean sheet to boot ...well done ??????

Archived