Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'm predicting the biggest anti-climax since the invention of the condom.

Got that wrong.

great start. Superb display by JR. Nerve wracking at times but comfortable in the end.

Martin was very good when he came on.

great to see george back out there.

nice to see bryson getting a standing ovation.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last 20 minutes was the most professional I've seen a Derby side see a game out for a long time. 

Gary Rowett got everything spot on in that 2nd half, subs, and outshone Warburton tactically.

Think he deserves a huge drink and a pat on the back today.....

50 minutes ago, David said:

Why are you lot talking like we won?

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 15.16.23.png

Why do you always think its clever to go on about having a poor share of possession..........

38 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

First half was poor. Stood off way too much. Second half much better. Clinical performance and Lawrence should have made it three but is looking more like the player we need to replace Ince.

We walk a thin line at times. Forest could easily have been 2-1 up just after half time. Fortunately the second goal killed it.

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

That last 20 minutes was the most professional I've seen a Derby side see a game out for a long time. 

Gary Rowett got everything spot on in that 2nd half, subs, and outshone Warburton tactically.

Think he deserves a huge drink and a pat on the back today.....

That's what you get with classy footballers. Hopefully we'll see more of Martin and Thorne playing at the same time (and most of the time..)

First half we weren't great after the first minute - ball retention seemed to be a particular issue but quality up to Vydra & Nugent wasn't brilliant either. Did think there was a strong possibility of Rowett putting Martin on at half time like he had done at Cardiff.

Second half looked a lot better although going 2-0 up so early was a clear factor. We finally gained control of midfield in the final 30 mins but this was after Warburton hauled off McKay & Dowell - a strange decision I thought as they'd been integral to their performance to that point. Ward & Clough as their replacements didn't contribute a great deal.

Overall, thought the back 4 were very solid (particularly Davies & Keogh) and thought Russell & Lawrence were very lively. Once Lawrence gets going, he'll be a very decent replacement for Ince - real quality at set pieces & unpredictability. My main concern is midfield & keeping the ball a bit better - Thorne's re-emergence couldn't have come at a better time.

Forest looked a decent side to be fair & that McKay looks a real player. Only cost £500k - just goes to show quality isn't the sole preserve of players costing £5m plus.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Was surprised the game didnt get stopped for the pitch invader. Never saw where he came from ,but assume down there he was a Forest fan? Assume 3 year ban will occur now.

Derby fan, came from the East Stand then didn't have a clue what to do.

He'll probably sign terms next week.

On 11/10/2017 at 15:18, SKRam said:

Happy to report it’s all quiet in Nottingham...... except for the muppet at the bar playing crap on his phone next to me.....Should I ask him if he likes football?

Well done Gary that might keep the detractors at bay for a while. 

First half from 30 seconds on we were second best. Second half once we got the second we were untroubled and could have had another on a few occasions. Fozzy grew into it, Ledley was steady and calm, wouldn't criticise any of them. Especially enjoyed seeing Goerge back and Chris Martin's cameo. Regulation 2-0 home win in the end. Time to get on a run now. Back to back clean sheets bodes well.

What a ******* day. 30 seconds in I couldn't believe it, bloody brilliant finish. Our passing was poor first half but we stayed solid at the back, Keogh and Davies absolutely ******* immense all game. For the second, Vydra again the difference with a beautiful pass, Nuge with a quality finish and that's the trees felled boys and girls.

Days like this don't come much better when supporting Derby County, absolutely fantastic. Special mention to Johnny Russell who must have run a marathon today, not been a fan of him for the last couple of years but covered every blade of grass, wore his heart on his sleeve and bled black and ******* white today. 

This could kickstart something special, or so my drunken head says. COYR!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Derby fan, came from the East Stand then didn't have a clue what to do.

He'll probably sign terms next week.

What an idiot. Hope he gets a long long ban.

Archived