Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, that dead rubber last league match v Ipswich.....

It's difficult isn't it? I probably would have changed about 4 or 5 of them. I would have definitely given Carson, Huddlestone, Davies, Lawrence and Olsson the night off but played the others that played on Friday.

I've drunk an entire bottle of port during ths game so I may be overreacting, but frankly, I',m somewhat dissappointed.

edit: twas cockburns: the best port.

14 minutes ago, stickywotsits said:

Bottom line is Don't break up a winning team. alright if it's some knockabout friendly then fair enough but it's competitive Cup game with a chance to play at Wembley...i bet Mel's spitting feathers.

He didn't break a winning team, the winning team all watched from the sidelines ?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wonder how many people not wanting changes because of momentum said the same after George Thorne had his leg broken in the Ipswich game?

Top post!

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I didn't care before the match and don't care about this result now!

TBH there was no way I was going to travel to Wembley on a school night only to see (whichever side Spurs decided to put out) run us ragged anyways!

No sleep will be lost here tonight, there are positives to be taken from tonight as others have already mentioned, onwards and upwards COYR

Each to their own like, I wouldn't say I'm distraught about tonight but just another opportunity pissed away. 

Nobody cares in round 2. One day we'll have a little run in one of these cup competiitions and get close to a decent day out and you'll all be out the woodwork, no doubt. ;)

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Most teams don't completely change their team altogether. They operate with a bit of moderation and show the competition, the other team and paying fans at least some degree of respect (as opposed to none at all).

A part from Mitchell, Bennett, guy and Bird that team were all bought to play in the first team so not sure what your going on about. 

How about respect to our own players and giving them a chance. We hardly got bossed and was on top for most the game. It's not like they had 20 attempts and 14 shots on target, just scored from their three shots that were in target. I'd call that a bit unfortunate but certainly nothing to be crying about

4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Most teams don't completely change their team altogether. They operate with a bit of moderation and show the competition, the other team and paying fans at least some degree of respect (as opposed to none at all).

Why should anyone pay the competition any respect? 

They had the third round draw in China at 4am.

Another competition structured to favour the big teams.

A third round tie being played at Wembley?

It doesn't deserve any respect. 

If they want it taking seriously then they should make sure the winners get a place in Europe rather than teams finishing 6th or 7th in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I don't think Rowett disrespected the competition or the opposition at all. He considers the league more important, I'd be appalled if he didn't. He made a decision to choose a side that he thinks will be beneficial for us going forward as a side. He played two possible players who can play in the holding role, probably the most important thing for him tonight. It would go a long way to making his mind up as to whether we go with Thorne and Bird or chuck £35k a week at Joe Ledley.

The game is moving on and that's basically all down to money. We're not the first team to rest players in this competition, won't be the last. It's the more traditional fans who believe you should play your strongest side in every game, and that's fair enough. I'm not knocking that belief. But it's the same people who believe Wembley should be for national games and cup finals only, yet we're now up in arms that they won't get to go there for the 3rd round of the League Cup... can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you think the chairman of the big clubs spit feathers when their managers rotate their teams?

No, but that wasn't my point. We're not a ''big club''. I think we should have played 3-4 of our first teamers, mixed in with fringe players ,in my opinion. I just don't agree that playing some first teamers would somehow stop us getting promoted? (I don't think it's likely anyway). 

Archived