Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The club can't win. People say we should give youth a chance so we do, slated when we dont win. People want Thorne back playing so he plays after a year out, slated when we dont win.

Today was a chance to give some of the squad a test, some have stepped up, others haven't. Move on.

We could try not making eleven changes. That would probably increase the clubs chances of winning.

Just now, TobyWanKenobi said:

Yes..... and they are being outclassed by Barnsley. What's your point?

Ah so it's the entitlement that's getting you down. I understand now.

They're in the same league as us, hardly a non-league side. We made eleven changes including giving valuable game time to a player who hasn't played since May 2016, and a sixteen year-old. Hardly a result to cry about, we didn't drop any points tonight, should be fresh and ready to go vs Bristol City on Saturday.

Calm down and move on.

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

That's only partly true but is that not a problem in itself?

Well the second bit is a matter of opinion, but based on their performance tonight and the first team performance against Hull the players tonight aren't going to force their way into the first team anytime soon. I would say we are ok in defence and to a lesser extent up front, but we are certainly light in midfield - although Bird shows signs of promise and Thorne will hopefully get back to his best.

1 minute ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Yes..... and they are being outclassed by Barnsley. What's your point?

My point is our second string side going down in a league cup match has little to no bearing on our season. We have given a youth player his debut, got valuable minutes for Thorne in and Bennett has found the net.

But let's ignore all that shall we and just go with the lazy narrative that we are a big club so should steamroll 90% of the teams around us and anything less than that is a disgrace.

'Kin hell.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Christ - it is our second string team. None of those players other than Wisdom are currently anywhere near the starting 11.

And they are now even further from the starting 11. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why do people have to jump on the teams back because we are losing to a full,strength championship team with out second sting eleven? It's not like we are getting smashed and our midfield is made up of a 16 year old and a player that's playing his first first team game for 16 months.

well done lads, pity we couldn't hold on but lots of,positives

I'm not, I am jumping on Rowetts back though.

Just now, reveldevil said:

Ramage, 20 mins ago 'The Barnsley switch to 4-4-2 will suit us, having an extra man in midfield'.

Ramage, 1 minute ago 'I knew we'd get overrun by matchfit players in the end.

Ramage's commentary is like the team, consistently inconsistent?

10 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

f****** joke of a team. Jesus. Barnsley. We're being outclassed by Barnsley.

Did you go to Barnsley last season?  We got outplayed by them then and that was our first team.  I'm disappointed but give them some credit and give us some leeway for a second string team. 

Archived