Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Well the second bit is a matter of opinion, but based on their performance tonight and the first team performance against Hull the players tonight aren't going to force their way into the first team anytime soon. I would say we are ok in defence and to a lesser extent up front, but we are certainly light in midfield - although Bird shows signs of promise and Thorne will hopefully get back to his best.

I mean is it not arrogant and setting yourself up for defeat by naming a completely different eleven?

11 changes, gave a couple of young lads & thorne a go, would have been beaten by Spurs anyway and not particually bothered id rather win in the league & go up than get through in the cup and knocked out by the first prem team we play. Not sure why people are botherd by this loss its a blessing

The important game is Saturday. Three points with our first eleven and you can say tonight was worth it.

It's not a competition we're going to win. Thorne needed a run out, so did Wisdom. Russell scored. Bird got a taste. So did Guy.

We eventually lost to goals from Bradshaw and Hammill. Two quality players.

If we had played our best players and they got injured it could have cost us promotion. That's worth more than a one-off Wembley appearance.

Not the match fitness in the 11 we played, but;

George was not injured and got 94 mins under his belt.

Fozzy completed another 94 mins.

Two youths blooded.

The 11 played against Hull all rested.

If we beat Brizzle (and perhaps George makes the bench in the next week or two) then this will have been a master stroke.

We would have been beaten by Spurs anyway, and my brother in law would have rinsed me for weeks - so basically - I'm thrilled with the outcomes!

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Oh well, players tired, too many changes? Maybe, a big result on Saturday will quickly put this result to bed and prove the changes were the right call.

We have acquired a bunch of over-entitled 'fans' over the last few years. We are only ever one defeat away from a meltdown nowadays - we even had some moaning after beating Hull 5-0 on Friday - because people like that are always..... like that.

Archived