Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Pathetic, yet predictable.

I'm not talking about the result or the performance, I'm talking about some of the reactions to this 'season destroying' result we've just suffered tonight.

Not disagreeing, but many still think about the game in the FA Cup against Reading where we had momentum but then made loads of changes and we never got going after that.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, irobinson said:

I have to say I'm a bit selfishly disappointed - lost the lead twice - and work in London

was relishing the chance to play spurs at Wembley 

hope the the decision is vindicated on Saturday  

The bottom bit is the main thing really, we win Saturday and nobody will care about tonights result. 

Just has a feeling of a missed opportunity (again). Macca did it last year away at Leicester to literally no avail, smacks of that again.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't think our squad is as good as people think it is. Some people were saying before the game about how the team we put out today was top 6 quality. Football isn't won on paper.

Gone away to a motivated side in our league, 11 changes, barely a half dozen starts between them all year, a schoolboy and a bloke coming back after 18 months out in midfield, a centre half who's been out for the best end of a year and a kid making his  5th start for us between the sticks....and come away feeling a little hard done by with a 3-2 defeat after dominating for spells.

I'd say that's grounds for optimism. Maybe it's just me.

Sick of the bottling comments. And being 'outclassed' by Barnsley. Behave yourselves.

Even the usually pessimistic RD thought that was decent. Just ran out of steam. Needed a 3rd goal to finish them off while we were on top, if Bennett finishes one of his two second half chances and it's totally different.

Disappointing to lose, but look at the positives:

• 90 minutes for Thorne, who sounded like he was playing like his usual self
  • Good debut for the 16yr old Max Bird, replaced by another youth in Callum Guy
  • A goal for Johnny, do wonders for his confidence
  • Minutes in plenty of the second string legs

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

11 changes was excessive after a 5-0 win and a chance to continue momentum in my opinion.

FIFY.. Won't waste my money on cup matches, waste of time.. Lets hope we have not lost momentum after the good works on Friday.

We need consistency, 11 changes is ridiculous if you are hoping to win a game. I thought that was what football was.. winning.. Maybe not.

4 minutes ago, irobinson said:

I have to say I'm a bit selfishly disappointed - lost the lead twice - and work in London

was relishing the chance to play spurs at Wembley 

hope the the decision is vindicated on Saturday  

Ditto. My mate is a spurs fan too, so we were starting get a bit excited when the second goal went in.

Can I just make the point, wed have been beaten by Spurs reserve side (most likely), its not like its a chance to see us take on a top top team and London smells of urine,weed, diesel fumes and there is dirt everywhere. In short its like the crap bits of Nottingham condensed then infested with hipsters and seasoned with tourists who think its all effing amazing.

(Never liked London and there for work the next few weeks - hopefully make it to Brentford)

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

FIFY.. Won't waste my money on cup matches, waste of time.. Lets hope we have not lost momentum after the good works on Friday.

We need consistency, 11 changes is ridiculous if you are hoping to win a game. I thought that was what football was.. winning.. Maybe not.

It's a catch 22 situation. We made lots of changes against Reading in the FA Cup a few seasons ago and it ended up costing us as we never recovered from that. On the other hand though if  msome of our first team players like Vydra and Huddlestone started and then got injured, we would have never forgived Rowett. Who'd be a manager?

Archived