Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The bottom bit is the main thing really, we win Saturday and nobody will care about tonights result. 

Just has a feeling of a missed opportunity (again). Macca did it last year away at Leicester to literally no avail, smacks of that again.

I didn't care before the match and don't care about this result now!

TBH there was no way I was going to travel to Wembley on a school night only to see (whichever side Spurs decided to put out) run us ragged anyways!

No sleep will be lost here tonight, there are positives to be taken from tonight as others have already mentioned, onwards and upwards COYR

4 minutes ago, stickywotsits said:

Bottom line is Don't break up a winning team. alright if it's some knockabout friendly then fair enough but it's competitive Cup game with a chance to play at Wembley...i bet Mel's spitting feathers.

But he didn't break up a winning team did he, he played a different 11 so it could have been an under 23 game for all it mattered to the team that started last Friday. If we didn't have a game tonight through no fixture would we be moaning? No

think about it chaps it's not hard to work out

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It's a catch 22 situation. We made lots of changes against Reading in the FA Cup a few seasons ago and it ended up costing us as we never recovered from that. On the other hand though if  msome of our first team players like Vydra and Huddlestone started and then got injured, we would have never forgived Rowett. Who'd be a manager?

Well, that dead rubber last league match v Ipswich.....

Just now, McLovin said:

Not disagreeing, but many still think about the game in the FA Cup against Reading where we had momentum but then made loads of changes and we never got going after that.

We were on a 1-match unbeaten streak and we're in September. I don't think momentum will be lost. I expect the same eleven that beat Hull to play vs Bristol City and I hardly doubt their confidence has been dented too much by a League Cup game they didn't take part in. The game you refer to in 2015 came off the back of a 4 match unbeaten streak and following that we picked up seven points in our next three games. I wouldn't put that down to ruining our season that season.

We rested players against Leeds just after Christmas a couple of seasons ago and went on to fail to win in the following 7 games. That's a momentum killer. I could understand the uproar had we played this side away to Barnsley in the league, but a second round tie in the Carabao Cup isn't going to define how successful or unsuccessful this season will be, and I would have made a lot of changes too so still back the decision.

If we play a full-strength team and win, then brilliant. We go to Tottenham, fans have a good day out, we probably lose and carry on. I don't think many would care half as much if a third round tie away at somewhere like Middlesbrough was awaiting the winner.

GR still has some big decisions to make. He needed to see whether a free transfer is needed for the middle or not, so this is the perfect opportunity to test it - against the sort of side those two will potentially have to face this season. Not some U23 game. I don't remember too many people crying about the team before the game. 

If we win, GR is a mastermind and we've got the best squad-depth outside of the Premier League. Lose and he's a fool, we're absolutely terrible bar the eleven who played v Hull and our season is imploding before our eyes. Fickle beyond belief.

11 minutes ago, stickywotsits said:

Bottom line is Don't break up a winning team. alright if it's some knockabout friendly then fair enough but it's competitive Cup game with a chance to play at Wembley...i bet Mel's spitting feathers.

Yes I bet he values the £50000 we would get from the Tottenham game way more than the hundreds of millions we would get if we get promoted.

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I can almost guarantee those calling it a 'tinpot cup' would be the first ones down in line at Pride Park tomorrow morning queuing up for Spurs tickets had we gone through! :lol:

That is also true - but being able to accept defeat shouldn't preclude you from enjoying the victories. And after tonight, we have a greater chance of victory Satdee - in my humble opinion. And if we do - I for one will enjoy it!

17 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Disappointed with the amount of changes, not often we get a trip to Wembley. 

At least the first team lads will be fresh for Saturday.

There's plenty of Tottenham season tickets to be had.

Archived