Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think you do but like most of us we perhaps don't want to admit it. Rowett wants the ball booting into the channels so wants a striker who can challenge for balls lumped up to him. 

It's hoof ball 101; sit with a deep defence stick, stick two big midfielders in front of them with instructions to lump it up the pitch have two hard working wide players to run channels, have a big lad up top to challenge and have someone feeding off the scraps. And it's God damn awful to watch.

Bit of hoof ball might be what we need- sick of passing it sideways and back getting nowhere

Inclined to agree, pretty football hasn't achieved a lot, if he can replicate what got Brum to the top of the league but with better players to have a chance of staying there let's give it a go. It's all about get up, stay up, build enough cash up to be a solid mid table prem side before too many other teams get there and get a foothold.

Good signing. This will give vydra/number 10 role more time on the ball as defenses will be worried about pushing up and leaving too much space behind. Very shrewd signing that may further suggest they are building a new core around players like vydra, Lawrence and Huddlestone who will all benefit from the extra time on the ball afforded by a fast striker who causes defences to drop in. Also probably the closest player we can afford to Troy Deeney, the player that got the most out of vydra. 

Looking at Norwich's squad they only had 2 strikers Oliveira and Jerome, both have interest in them today. Can see Jerome dragging on late until they maybe get a replacement in.

However, Jerome wasn't even on their bench vs Millwall, anyone know if he was injured or just out of favour?

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looking at Norwich's squad they only had 2 strikers Oliveira and Jerome, both have interest in them today. Can see Jerome dragging on late until they maybe get a replacement in.

However, Jerome wasn't even on their bench vs Millwall, anyone know if he was injured or just out of favour?

Think Marley Watkins keeping him out But can't see this one happening 

I can just see the thought process going through Gary's head now

"Well - I've managed so far to bring in 4 good players for decent fees - That lad Lawrence we got at a good fee - And Davies for £500k - Brilliant

But wait - Managers aren't supposed to have a perfect transfer record are they? Needs to be a bit hit and miss... The LMA will have a right go if I've only made good signings...

Okay what to do, what to do...

Ahhhhhh I know - Spunk way too much money on an old forward we don't really need! Yeh that'll do it!"

I think he might be a useful addition but to me a striker is not the priority. Would rather get a decent loan striker in and spend the cash on a creative midfielder to replace Hughes, a better Bryson as it were. Our midfield, even with Thorne back playing is too similar and immobile for me....

Wouldn't be top of my list, but I trust Gary if this is what he thinks he needs.

Would have to assume that we are looking to play two up top.

Martin/Jerome/Nugent/Vydra isn't a bad roster of strikers to have in this league.

He seems to be adding a few players that have won promotion from the Championship, Jerome would be another one.

That would be Carson, Anya, Davies, Shackell, Pearce, Baird, Huddlestone, Johnson, Vydra, Nugent, Jerome that have been promoted...we could actually make an 11 out of it.

Carson
          Shackell  Davies  Pearce
Baird                                          Anya
          Huddlestone      Johnson
                          Vydra
             Nugent           Jerome

That's the way forward :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Wouldn't be top of my list, but I trust Gary if this is what he thinks he needs.

Would have to assume that we are looking to play two up top.

Martin/Jerome/Nugent/Vydra isn't a bad roster of strikers to have in this league.

He seems to be adding a few players that have won promotion from the Championship, Jerome would be another one.

That would be Carson, Anya, Davies, Shackell, Pearce, Baird, Huddlestone, Johnson, Vydra, Nugent, Jerome that have been promoted...we could actually make an 11 out of it.

Carson
          Shackell  Davies  Pearce
Baird                                          Anya
          Huddlestone      Johnson
                          Vydra
             Nugent           Jerome

That's the way forward :ph34r:

What's Wisdom & Keogh done to deserve being dropped? My two favourite players so far this year along with Vydra & Nugent.

Archived