Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Remember how bad we briefly were when we had Bueno, Commons and Cwyka playing behind Kuqi?

...no, me neither.

Maybe having big, mobile experienced striker to compliment Lawrence, Vydra and Wiemann/Russell (or maybe Jota) might just have some merit? Maybe, just maybe, there are other ways to utilise a powerful striker than just hoofball. And actually, there are times when the option to lump it up to the big striker is very useful as long as it's not our main tactic.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not against signing Camerone Jerome, it's just a damn shame we've reached the point where signing Cameron Jerome in late 2017 is seen as progress.

Nugent, Davies, Huddlestone, Jerome - as was rightly pointed out near the start oif this thread, 5 years ago they'd have been stellar signings, although admittedly they were beyond our reach financially at the time. Now though? They all still have something to offer, but should they be the spine of your team in 2017/18?

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We are not playing the same system anymore. Please can everyone forget about the past. Not long ago everyone was saying our system was a busted flush. We all knew Rowett played differently. It's containment. To use a boxing analogy its counter punching, drawing the opposition on. Despite the Sheffield freak show I think we look pretty solid and what's more I have seen more than a few flashes of our potential. Give him time and I think he will get us going. (And no its not hoofball at all). 

What about the Wolves game ?.....Tripe....springs to mind

7 hours ago, Highgate said:

Trust everything Rowett does and disregard our own thoughts on each of his decisions? That's an impressive level of faith in one relatively inexperience man.

And little point in having a forum at all, if we should simply agree with everything Rowett does and remain quiet.

Where did i say you have to keep quiet and trust him ? My input into a discussion. Not just simply posting for reactions and arguments.

9 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

This is like deja vu from 12 months ago with NP. Still say the problem is creativity as it was 12 months ago. I have total confidence in Martin and Nuge to score and also Vydra if he can get his confidence up. We need a winger and a driving centre midfielder. Why can everyone see it but the people who need to. We are going from a young hungry side to a slow 30+ side lacking in ideas. Cough came in with the remit of lowering the wage bill, age  and size of the squad and we seem to have done a total u turn on it. 

That went through my mind, re Pearson, but if GR wants quick mobile forwards which seems to be the case Martin ( who I agree given service will score) doesn't fit it 

3 minutes ago, Colm said:

This cameron jerome rumour reminds me of the nick blackman deal all over again and look how that turned out

Jerome has had a much better career than Blackman.

He was scored 34 goals in his last 2 championship seasons. Not fantastic but not Blackman territory.

Archived