Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm this is a really odd one if true. It would be a good signing if we didn't already have nugent, Martin and bent in my eyes, but we are crying out for a mobile central midfielder and a tricky winger. All Jerome will do is end up isolated like Martin and nugent. Strange times at Derby..... 

If all of this is really true, it could mean only one thing. Chris Martin is definitely leaving Derby, because in the current system there's no place for him. He isn't Gary Rowett's type of player.

I just watched the highlights from Cameron Jerome's goals on youtube, 

https://goo.gl/X5cbB3

He's big, strong, pacey and he scores goals. Some of his goals are quite spectacular to watch.

It's a pity he isn't a little bit younger.

People need to remember that it's about character and players linking others. 31 isn't what it was in terms of footballers these days. They're athletes. He's got a good 4 years left. Offers something we don't have.

3 million seems steep and I imagine it wouldn't happen at that price but somewhere around 1.5 and he'd be a great signing. If we get him he'll get double figures goals wise no trouble. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't really mind this signing if it happens, or if we lose Martin because of this. We've got to let Gary do it his way, there's no point holding back. 

I stated earlier the thread that I wouldn't be excited by this signing but your right Mr Tibbs we have to believe in what Rowett wants to do, I trust him so if this is the move Rowett thinks we need then so be it.

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I stated earlier the thread that I wouldn't be excited by this signing but your right Mr Tibbs we have to believe in what Rowett wants to do, I trust him so if this is the move Rowett thinks we need then so be it.

I'd love to have this mindset right now, but I just cannot get my head around bringing in yet another 30+ on big wages who is arguably past his best.

What are the positives here? He's scored a lot of goals? So have Martin and Nugent. 

Rowett saying he didn't want to bring in players who were past it and looking for their last pay packet seems hilarious now.

Archived