Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not for me but if GR wants him then who can argue. After all I didn't want Hughes and Ince to move on and whilst you could argue that the fees were well below most valuations, we are much more of a TEAM now.

Disagree. Without ince yes. But if we had hughes we would be in even a better position. 

Honestly can’t believe we are trying to bring in ANOTHER 30+ player in. Cameron Jerome’s way past his best, has no re-sale value and doesn’t offer anything better than what we already have.

We need to be looking at younger players with real quality. Links to players like Che Adams and Nelson Oliveira were much more like it. Not more 32 year olds who will drive up the wage bill and the average squad age even higher :angry:

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not more 32 year olds who will drive up the wage bill and the average squad age even higher :angry:

If Bent leaves which sounds likely and Cameron was to come in, the average age would drop.

Bent is 34 next month, Jerome 32 in the summer  

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Honestly can’t believe we are trying to bring in ANOTHER 30+ player in. Cameron Jerome’s way past his best, has no re-sale value and doesn’t offer anything better than what we already have.

We need to be looking at younger players with real quality. Links to players like Che Adams and Nelson Oliveira were much more like it. Not more 32 year olds who will drive up the wage bill and the average squad age even higher :angry:

Who gives a **** about "re-sale" value when we've hit "potential £150m jackpot" status?

3 minutes ago, David said:

If Bent leaves which sounds likely and Cameron was to come in, the average age would drop.

Bent is 34 next month, Jerome 32 in the summer  

It’s a fair point but hopefully you see mine.

All well and good if we reach the promised land of the Premier League. But if we don’t...

Archived