Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one player imo that shouldn't have been moved on is Bryson, his energy is badly missed in this team.

To call for Rowetts head is ridiculous at this stage but I will be interested to see what team takes to the pitch next after another abject performance.

I said in the summer that we should be signing younger pacey players instead of 'names', the squad just seems to be a mish mash still.

You should hire the right manager for the right task,horse's for course's. Rowett has no real track record so would be interesting to hear the rational behind the appointment .

If you want promotion you hire someone like Warnock [7 times I believe],if you want stability, trim the wage bill Clough maybe .So in hiring GR I can't see the reasoning to be honest 

As posted earlier in the thread none of us know how he will fare ,but for me the signs are not good ,first he stated that he knew what was required before /as soon as he arrived and had a run of games to confirm it last season .

He than sold two of the most talented players with a promise of equal or better quality replacements  which at best one as arrived [TL].The transfer window with 3 midfielders leaving and a botched inbound failing does not strike me as an organised well thought out process and GR is in charge of transfers [or he said he wanted to be].

So jury out for me but not looking good ,for the record I would like him to succeed .

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It's not all the managers fault. The players are as much to blame.

I hope Thorne's return will turn our fortunes.

I can't see how that's true...the players want to win games but if they aren't directed and led properly,or the manager fails to pick the right team and make them understand their role,it's not the players fault.

Thorne may well make a difference but if gr can't get them all to gel,he will just be another talented player that doesn't appear to be performing.

Did rowett train and mentor Keogh to act like a transfixed rabbit today?

Did he get the coaches to specifically focus on weimann to dribble out of play?

Admittedly as some have pointed out,  rowett needs to learn to improve in-game management, but he sounded nonplussed at the performance in his post match interview. 

A nice home game against a shambolic brum might be helpful timing. But our away form needs some attention. 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Admittedly as some have pointed out,  rowett needs to learn to improve in-game management, but he sounded nonplussed at the performance in his post match interview. 

A nice home game against a shambolic brum might be helpful timing. But our away form needs some attention. 

No, but he could have done something about the four players constantly running through midfield unmarked and unchallenged.

No, but he's been doing it in every game since he took over, so it shouldn't now come as a huge surprise.

Winnall for Vydra, Martin for Nugent and Russell for Whyman, not the most tactically astute substations when our midfield are being totally overrun.

Dont take anything for granted next Saturday, if their midfield can run then we're ******.

We have needed a mobile defensive midfielder to sit in front of the back four since Thorne got injured against the Russians. 

No manager has filled that void, and given the money we have spent in different, less crucial areas, that's unforgivable imo. GR must take some blame for not doing that this year. 

Either build a defence that doesn't need protecting, or sign protection. 

36 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nailed on Brum win ,manager gone ,maybe new broom etc.:ph34r:

Just now, curb said:

No, but he could have done something about the four players constantly running through midfield unmarked and unchallenged.

That was the bit about the in game management I referred to. Agree that he's not showing it yet.

Just now, curb said:

No, but he's been doing it in every game since he took over, so it shouldn't now come as a huge surprise.

Thought he'd got near universal praise for performance v hull so surely Gary was expecting a repeat of that rather than lapsing into repeated failures.

Just now, curb said:

Winnall for Vydra, Martin for Nugent and Russell for Whyman, not the most tactically astute substations when our midfield are being totally overrun

They were electric....... (sorry, couldn't resist :lol:)

17 hours ago, Mikeyboy said:

Rowett Owett was a regular poster on the Burton forum when Gaz, was manager. I wondered how long it would be before he made an appearance. 

Haha - I can assure you that's not me. I'm indifferent to Rowett right now. He's performing much as I expected. Wouldn't like to see him sacked this early in the season, but I never expected him to be more than mediocre

League record so far is W3 L3 D1 - I'd probably bet on us finishing the season on a similar ratio say W19 L19 D8

That's leave us on 65 points - just short of the play-offs

Gonna bookmark this post for end of the season (or when Rowett gets sacked - whichever happens soonest)

9 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

League record so far is W3 L3 D1 - I'd probably bet on us finishing the season on a similar ratio say W19 L19 D8

That's leave us on 65 points - just short of the play-offs

I don't share your optimism - we are currently 15th in the table with only Preston being any team above us we have taken points from 

Archived