Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Give it a rest, this is why he wanted Kieftenbeld for days like this. He had to operate under tough conditions in the transfer window. You can see what he wants to do, it's going to take time.

Thing is yet again it should have been a priority but wasn't and he let Bryson go, not helping his self there. Plus some can see what he wants to do and don't like it. He's got a decent squad but yet again we're playing the square pegs game.

He's making it difficult for himself isn't he.

24 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Give it a rest, this is why he wanted Kieftenbeld for days like this. He had to operate under tough conditions in the transfer window. You can see what he wants to do, it's going to take time.

While I agree it's far too early to call for Rowetts head, I fail to see what he wants to do either!

He's talked extensively since his appointment on picking line ups to suit the opposition we're playing, yet lines up every game in the same way, with the odd player different so far.

He's talked about watching Vydra and Johnson a lot on videos, I can see what he is doing with the former, but even if Keith was in the building, Johnson wouldn't fit in with the formation he's playing atm, so don't see what he'd do with him.

It's possible I suppose that he'd play a different formation that would include Johnson on the left, but I feel most managers tend to stick to a certain system the vast majority of the time, and I see no evidence that the current system isn't Gary's preferred way.

I was prepared for a season or two of efficient, functional football from the moment he made clear Will wasn't to be the player he built his future around, but hes not even serving that up, or indeed looking likely to.

It's a mess, and I appreciate he's working under stricter financial constraints than his predecessors, and I'd give him until the end of next season pretty much no matter what.

It just concerns me that after a fifth of last season, and the start of this one, he seems further away from a solution than when he started. 

If you asked me to describe Rowettball to a outsider, I wouldn't have a clue.

I don't want him out but he's got to start learning and adapting and fast...

I remember wassell taking over the team and initially trying to change the system but he quickly got his fingers burnt and started playing to the teams strengths again....and our season reignited.

Come on Gary,you say you look at our players in detail....have a look back at the 2014/15 seasons and how this team can play and sort it out!!

I'm sure you don't want Butterfield proving right.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I remember wassell taking over the team and initially trying to change the system but he quickly got his fingers burnt and started playing to the teams strengths again....and our season reignited.

Come on Gary,you say you look at our players in detail....have a look back at the 2014/15 seasons and how this team can play sort it out.

We don't have the players to play anything close to our 14/15 team… in style as well as personnel.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is yet again it should have been a priority but wasn't and he let Bryson go, not helping his self there. Plus some can see what he wants to do and don't like it. He's got a decent squad but yet again we're playing the square pegs game.

He's making it difficult for himself isn't he.

But has he really? Have we been kidding ourselves ,have we given to much credence to pundits throw away comments about or supposed one of the best squads in the division ,,, ?? I don't care who rowett sell or let's go ,, you know what I even think I would in a strange way be more happy if we were losing every game , at least there's some honesty in that ,, winning 5/0 one week then losing 4/1 the next against similar level teams just don't sit right unless it's a rarity but this is our modus operandi and it smacks of profession dishonesty to me,,, Pearson ( barking as he was/is) was not prepared to stand for it and I don't think rowett will either

Oh ffs, the reason we are inconsistent is because we have a imbalanced squad - which is due to several years of firing managers to quickly without giving them chance to get a team together.

We'll remain inconsistent until a manager gets long enough to sort the mess out.

11 minutes ago, archied said:

...winning 5/0 one week then losing 4/1 the next against similar level teams just don't sit right unless it's a rarity but this is our modus operandi and it smacks of profession dishonesty to me,,, Pearson ( barking as he was/is) was not prepared to stand for it and I don't think rowett will either

This is another set of players, and yet again they get panned for not putting out! Consider they're the wrong players for the system. I've only heard GR praise work ethic, the midfield he set out were meant to do what away from home?

28 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Come on Gary,you say you look at our players in detail....have a look back at the 2014/15 seasons and how this team can play and sort it out!!

This ain't the same team as the 2014/15 season, that sort of thinking ain't gonna get us anywhere either.

We don't have the midfield to play the 433 with Martin as the pivot anymore so it's time to move on from that.

The trouble is we don't even appear to really have the midfield to play a 4231 either, everyone is too slow in it- and I'm afraid that's the fault of the manager who didn't bring anyone in...

Archived