Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

I am passed caring if he is gone, I couldn't care less if Mel Morris sodded off and took Moor Farm with him. I don't think I would be too bothered if we were relegated to League 1 and our attendances dropped below 10,000.

As my late father always said, don't stress about it, doesn't matter who we play, what division it is in, it's still football (there weren't hoofball in his day). 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am passed caring if he is gone, I couldn't care less if Mel Morris sodded off and took Moor Farm with him. I don't think I would be too bothered if we were relegated to League 1 and our attendances dropped below 10,000.

As my late father always said, don't stress about it, doesn't matter who we play, what division it is in, it's still football (there weren't hoofball in his day). 

You need to be careful what you wish for. I really worry about MM walking off. Look at all those clubs that fall from grace. All our current squad would quietly be hoovered up by Burnley, Villa, whoever.

Standing next to a wheezy old bloke who is holding a corgi on a bit string, watching the Rams play on Markeaton Park - always closer than you think.

100% yes. Had a plan. Knows what he wants his team to be about, starting to see it. Power, aggression, energy. Earn the right to play, and then when we have, good quality players to hurt teams. Nuge, Vydra, Lawrence, Weimann, Martin, Winnall. 

Better than the 1 man miserable Ince band we had last season! 

Well he is the man that we have got now and it's clear he has a vision of what he wants to build ,,,, 

thing is if I'm honest I have to say I'm at a loss to understand why as a club it seems no matter who is in the chair as manager or what players we bring in we are just so so so Jekyll and Hyde ,,,, I'm not going to be calling for the managers head anytime soon as this is a long standing problem for us and nobody is going to wave a magic wand and have instant success , you could blame rowett s sales of Hughes ,ince,Christie but we were just the same with them at the club ,, great one/two games then utter unrecognisable garbage the next ,,,,, there has to be a total rebuild in the clough style ,love him or hate him ,he built a side and team ethos over a period of time that Mac coached to the next level ,,,

is rowett the right man? Only time will tell but nobody jumps out at me as a much better option for the job at hand and make no mistake it's a rebuild job

Archived