Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mikeyboy said:

Not a knee jerk from me. I watched a lot of the turgid stuff he served up at Burton Albion. Sorry but he can only play one way. 

3 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

We aren't going to get promoted this season & we won't get relegated. It'll be exactly the same end result as the last 3 years although finally someone will have made a real fist of the rebuilding that has been long overdue.

Not keen on the way the rebuilding is going tbh.

He talks fantastically but then goes and does the polar opposites of what he says he was going to do! 

He can't for whatever reason get this team motivated, then again I don't think I would be if I had to play that style of football. I've seen u11 teams play with a more complex system than that.

2 minutes ago, ramma said:

He’s had longer than Wassall, Pearson, McClaren, only another month until he matches Clement’s tenure. Been here long enough to start seeing a meaningful change. He’s taking us backwards. 

So yet another change then???? 

Pathetic to think yet another change, then 6 months another.....

The biggest thing we have wasted in 2 seasons isn't money. It's time..... 

Bloke needs a season at the very least, we are a team in transition, frustrating as it sounds, we are not good enough, time heals that....,.

I hope our chairman realises this, but I fear he won't.....

Just now, Mafiabob said:

So yet another change then???? 

Pathetic to think yet another change, then 6 months another.....

The biggest thing we have wasted in 2 seasons isn't money. It's time..... 

Bloke needs a season at the very least, we are a team in transition, frustrating as it sounds, we are not good enough, time heals that....,.

I hope our chairman realises this, but I fear he won't.....

If Mel got the appointments right in the first place then he wouldn’t have to keep firing managers every 6 months. 

If rowett isn't up to it ,who is ,and I mean short / medium term enough to buy themselves time to clear out and rebuild because comments re Russell(rowett today) and comments from Cyrus regards player unrest ( not heard them myself but rd say he made some in midweek ) seem to back up the feeling that we have to much player power and a group of players who don't want to be managed no matter whether it be direct Pearson rowett style or softly softly arm round Mac approach ,, there's been the same inconsistent jeckyll and Hyde problems for to long now with different managers to deny there are underlying problems with our squad ,,, one thing is for sure though and that is that the only way forward is for mel to pick his manager and back him to the hilt making it clear to the players that they play for his chosen manager or sod off,,,

On 9/21/2017 at 13:14, Grimbeard said:

1966/1967 League Div 2  17th (Manager T Ward)

1967/1968 League Div 2 18th (Manager  B Clough)

1968/1969 League Div 2 1st ( Manager B Clough)

As you say, too early to judge.

I remember me dad and me uncles talking after they got back from a match, and one of them saying:

"They  should never have got rid of Ward".

The reply was summat like:

"Well this new bloke anna pulled up any trees yet. but you've gorra gi' 'im a chance, 'E's only bin 'ere five minutes, we'll just avta wait an' see 'ow 'e gets on.

Seems to me that we're  gonna have to do the same and " See 'ow 'e gets on".

Judging by some of the comments in this thread, there's plenty on here ( not you Warren Hobhead ) that would have sacked Brian Clough sometime in the winter of '67/'68.

Sorry I disagree ,you could see what BC was trying to do and it wasn't hoof ball .He lit the club up and made it happen GR ain't fit to lick his boots.

9 minutes ago, ramma said:

If Mel got the appointments right in the first place then he wouldn’t have to keep firing managers every 6 months. 

Say Rowett went tonight. Who would be the right man to replace him with, anyone in mind?

GR can't get that extra 5% out of them, someone like Mac could.

He came out and said countless times last season, that for the upcoming season we'd be harder to beat, more powerful, more pace, a different feel.

So instead of signing these young, hungry players he goes for the been there done that route, none of which can be sold off at a potential profit and all of them likely on 20-30k contracts no doubt. O' and Andre Wisdom is currently out the side to Chris  friggin' Baird WTF?

Where can't he see the midfield is slow and lacks a creative spark? Why does he keep bringing Martin on? He does absolutely nothing nowadays. Why is Forsyth out the match day squad? He was one of the best left backs in the league under Mcclaren, now he's lucky to get a game for the U23's. 

He's no better than Darren Wassall, there I said it. Warnock was there for the taking and we went with the ex Ram plan again. 

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Where can't he see the midfield is slow and lacks a creative spark? Why does he keep bringing Martin on? He does absolutely nothing nowadays...

You don't think the two are related? *Foot*ball? Our midfield creative spark can't even get on Watford's bench. Or is scoring for Cardiff. Or playing (?) for Burnley...

Archived