Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Pearson and Clement were dismissed/ left for different reasons than results 

Sorry But clement certainly and Pearson almost certainly were sacked for football reasons , that's what the club stated so that's what it is and will remain so until the clubs says otherwise ,,,

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps he should have tried the carrot rather than the stick with them then. He was way too confident he'd be able to ship them out, or send them to the U23s didn't he say?!

Yes Roy your probably right but there's an old saying ( you can't make a rich man work ) That's probably what he's up against When he took the job I'm sure he didn't expect Martin to come back from Fulham but he must be pretty naïve he thought they would buy a player who went on strike 

15 minutes ago, archied said:

Sorry But clement certainly and Pearson almost certainly were sacked for football reasons , that's what the club stated so that's what it is and will remain so until the clubs says otherwise ,,,

Not sure your right about Clement he was sacked for not picking any of the expensive signings Mel and Sam signed for him after the away match at Fulham  Don't think the club is going to come out and say that was the reason hence they both had gagging orders 

4 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Not sure your right about Clement he was sacked for not picking any of the expensive signings Mel and Sam signed for him after the away match at Fulham  Don't think the club is going to come out and say that was the reason hence they both had gagging orders 

I'd forgotten about that.

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

And I've completed FIFA 18 and go home to Amy Winehouse every night

I'd say it's fairly normal for a new manager with a newly shook up team to suffer inconsistency and some bad results in the first season. There's nothing embarrassing about that.

What would be embarrassing is if a bunch of pathetic, entitled fans started calling for the manager to be sacked in September because we're not top of the league! 

And if the manager actually got sacked - that would be too embarrassing to cope with I think.

COYR 

1 hour ago, ramma said:

Managers don't get that sort of time anymore. Mel sacked Clement for being 5th and 3 points off top. Think he'll hesititate to sack Gary if we aren't top half by October?

Managers doing rebuilds do get longer.

I hope fervently - although my degree of confidence is nowhere near as high as my hope - that Mel understands the job that Rowett inherited and Rowett will have at least 3 full windows, preferably 4, to reconstruct the side in his own image.

In fact, as I recall David's remark about Mel reading the forum voraciously, I am sure that Mr Morris, being the very intelligent and wonderful owner he is, understands fully where we are and is fully committed to ensuring Rowett has everything he needs, including time, to deliver success.

9 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

Managers doing rebuilds do get longer.

I hope fervently - although my degree of confidence is nowhere near as high as my hope - that Mel understands the job that Rowett inherited and Rowett will have at least 3 full windows, preferably 4, to reconstruct the side in his own image.

In fact, as I recall David's remark about Mel reading the forum voraciously, I am sure that Mr Morris, being the very intelligent and wonderful owner he is, understands fully where we are and is fully committed to ensuring Rowett has everything he needs, including time, to deliver success.

Mel's mess.... Wonderful owner..Hmm, yet to prove that I'm afraid.

Love you Mel :angry:

In terms of GR being a success, it's totally dependent on 6 or 7 people leaving DCFC, including some non playing staff. Otherwise he will invariably go the same way as Clement, Pearson & McLaren and will be replaced by Mel's latest and greatest offering. 

Archived