Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

Last week's result blinded many to the errors and failure of the transfer window, where incomings and outgoings have led to an unbalanced squad. We don't have the number of midfield  players or type of midfielders to give us the options we need. It's not easy to see how this can be put right now. 

Huddlestone and Davies have been poor so far and they were trumpeted by the club as part of a successful bit of transfer dealing.

Some of Rowett's team selections have been bizarre - notably against Wolves and changing all 11 players midweek. Is he prepared to drop the poor performers?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help feeling he dropped a massive b******* in midweek

On the back of a 5-0, the opportunity to gather momentum and the feel good factor of a trip to Wembley...and he plays the reserves.

Far too early in the season to prioritise the league ffs

Only justification would've been a win today.

But no..thumbed 4-1 at f****** Bristol! 

Huddlestone and Johnson are too slow in midfield for me.

Defence sit's off far too deep.

We're reaping what was a disastrous transfer window...

Talks the talk but can't walk the walk imo. Everything he says in the press, none of it comes into action come the night. The squad rebuild never happened, we're still conceding s**** goals, and we still don't have the fight and desire of other teams!

Feel for him as the players are a huge problem, but he's had a full window and games before to identify the problems and hasn't done enough imo to fix them. He'll have more time and I hope he turns it around, but if we're still like this in a month or two he's Gone imo.

I've always liked Rowett as a player and was happy he became manager.

However, the one thing that has really annoyed me is that he made clear we wouldn't become a team that hands ex-premier league veterans their final paycheck. This was right before we signed Davies and Hudds.

As I said on another post, we've become an 'old team' all of a sudden.

So, as much as I like Rowett, I'm still witnessing a transfer policy that lacks any joined-up thinking; similar to Pearson and Clement before him.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Talks the talk but can't walk the walk imo. Everything he says in the press, none of it comes into action come the night. The squad rebuild never happened, we're still conceding s**** goals, and we still don't have the fight and desire of other teams!

Feel for him as the players are a huge problem, but he's had a full window and games before to identify the problems and hasn't done enough imo to fix them. He'll have more time and I hope he turns it around, but if we're still like this in a month or two he's Gone imo.

For me Gary, Mel and whoever else had a catastrophic transfer window, Rowett made a rod for his own back when he talked openly about big rebuilds, the squad bearing no resemblance, top 2 finishes, players of high quality being signed.

He failed to deliver a lot of what was promised and significantly weakened us in midfield, had the 3 amigos been here instead of Mel, we would have gone mental on transfer deadline day.

Its time to acknowledge, we had our chance at Wembley and we blew it, we need to stop signing ex prem players like Huddlestone and Davies, both who suffered relegation, and start signing players with hunger and desire (another promise from Rowett he didn't deliver on).

So many things wrong at the club to just point the finger at Rowett though.

Just now, Sparkle said:

He needs two full seasons at least end of story

Managers don't get that sort of time anymore. Mel sacked Clement for being 5th and 3 points off top. Think he'll hesititate to sack Gary if we aren't top half by October?

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

A full window?. Bloody hell give him sometime.  

10 minutes ago, ramma said:

Managers don't get that sort of time anymore. Mel sacked Clement for being 5th and 3 points off top. Think he'll hesititate to sack Gary if we aren't top half by October?

Pearson and Clement were dismissed/ left for different reasons than results 

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Your right the players are the problem he's explained enough times why he's been unable to fix the problems Nobody wants our players .we are close to FFP and he's got players he obviously doesn't want Afraid we've got to suck for a few weeks we've got plenty in there last year of contract So hopefully some will be gone in January 

10 minutes ago, ramma said:

That decision now looks unreal hey?

I think Laughing stock is used too easily, but I do believe we are a massive laughing stock in football.

At least under the 3 amigos we knew we were s**** anyway.

17 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Your right the players are the problem he's explained enough times why he's been unable to fix the problems Nobody wants our players .we are close to FFP and he's got players he obviously doesn't want Afraid we've got to suck for a few weeks we've got plenty in there last year of contract So hopefully some will be gone in January 

Perhaps he should have tried the carrot rather than the stick with them then. He was way too confident he'd be able to ship them out, or send them to the U23s didn't he say?!

Archived