View from the outside

Derbados

5 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Cracking win from Sir Gary of Rowetts boys, and I feel the need to gloat for a few more days, after beating Villa's expensively assembled squad of ex Rams transfer targets.

My favourite two to start you off from Heroes and Villians forum.

" Reached a new low when you concede a goal to a donkey like Weimann, is the worse Villa player I ever did see "

" It says something when an overweight 73 year old Tom Huddlestone is schooling us in midfield "

If hud is 73 how old is whelan ... 92? His eyesight seems to be going 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The score certainly doesn't reflect the game, but they were a class above in every department.

On my way home no disgrace losing to this lot they had a 25 a season goal scorer as an unused sub.they killed us in 10 mins and played the 2nd half in second gear

We had a bad 8 minutes.they had about 8 internationals in their side.no need to panic derby and wolves are bonus games bit like playing man city in the prem if you get anything a bonus

Read more:  http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=126329&start=18#ixzz529s1JGPB

Looked around at other forums to see what teams thought of Derby that were around us in the league, a lot think we're favourites to get the second spot. 

Villa Talk

''Derby ones to worry about I think. They keep clean sheets, have a 20 goal striker in Vydra and plenty of experience. Think they're favourites for second way it's going.''

''Derby bottle it every single year, so I wouldn’t be so sure, still a lot of points to play for!

We just need to come out of December still in touch with second''

''Derby are going to finish second now I think but I think until it's mathmatically impossible we still should put pressure on. But need to win today simple as that''

''Anyone still wanna say rowetts over rated when I said what a great manager he is?  We struggle to get a shot against millwall and 35 mins in derby  three up. I'm backing them for second''

''Wolves and derby will finish well clear now I think - decenber has killed us off - top 6 at  best and only if we recruit well in January ''

Wolves Forum

''Well finish top, they’ll come after us.''

''Except they're not, we continue to move further away from them. I'd much rather they came up with us though than Cardiff, Brizzle or Villa.''

''Yes - Rowett is doing well there. Hopefully they piss on the parade at Ashton Gate. Did I mention I $#@!ing hate that lot?''

''Who?
As one poster on their forum put:
Lasting 15 games Wolves have more points
Last 10 games Wolves have more points
Last 5 games Wolves have more point.
They aren't closing a gap on us, just the rest of the table.''

Bristol Forum

''Derby could be a tricky one,their home form is great.''

''

Wolves

Derby

Villa

City

Leeds

Cardiff.

Early doors I know someone Boro, Fulham might make a run 2nd half of the season. Sheff Utd might not fade away.

That top six is how I see it ending so Villa in the semis looks on to me''

''Still think Villa or Derby might finish second behind Wolves. ''

''Where have Derby come from though mind? They looked gash when they played us.''

''I`m still hanging my hat on Derby`s recent history of bottling it in the last ten games. If they don`t this season they will go up IMO.''

''it seems to have just clicked. Since our game they’ve only conceded 10, keeping a clean sheet in 9 games out of 16. 4 goals came in one game against Reading. 

When you look at there defence that is the stats you would be expecting. Definitely the in form team in the championship and if I was Baadiff I’d be extremely worried having 2 teams breathing down your neck. Especially when you lose away at Bolton''

I spent far too long looking at forums with poor interfaces, but I do find other fans without biases opinion on Derby. Quite surprised by how many thought we'd make it into the top 2. Still, an interesting read.

To be fair to Bradly he is composed on the ball until he tries to kick it! Hes in the team as a warrior and he never disappoints on the front.

I jest, and I do like Johnson for what he is and I do think he knows what he's trying to do most of the time even if his touch and passing aren't that accurate (opposite of so many Derby players of recent years who clearly have some ball skill and zero brains) - I was amazed for the third goal, impressed he got on it to pull it back, pleased he knew how to get it back across and amazed it was the once in a hundred that touch went to Nuge (that's not me having a dig, it's the getting on it and getting it back accross that deserves praise but it's not often you see those directly go in of the striker!)

The score certainly doesn't reflect the game, but they were a class above in every department. 

Read more:  http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=126329&start=18#ixzz52GNy1Wtx

We had a bad 8 minutes.they had about 8 internationals in their side.no need to panic derby and wolves are bonus games bit like playing man city in the prem if you get anything a bonus

Read more:  http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=126329&start=18#ixzz52GPbIDXL

I find it funny that not many Derby fans are talking about Bristol City, and on the bristol forums, they arent talking about Derby. Just about how they can see 2nd is in sight, and how Cardiff are dropping points here and there.

I fully expect that situation to change on both sides as the games go by.

Derby and Bristol have similar records over the last 16 games or so. We have won a few 3-0 recently and beat Villa 2-0, while they seem to win 2-1 every week. One things for sure, they havent lost an away game since September, same as ourselves.

On 24/12/2017 at 21:25, Andicis said:

Looked around at other forums to see what teams thought of Derby that were around us in the league, a lot think we're favourites to get the second spot. 

Villa Talk

''Derby ones to worry about I think. They keep clean sheets, have a 20 goal striker in Vydra and plenty of experience. Think they're favourites for second way it's going.''

''Derby bottle it every single year, so I wouldn’t be so sure, still a lot of points to play for!

We just need to come out of December still in touch with second''

''Derby are going to finish second now I think but I think until it's mathmatically impossible we still should put pressure on. But need to win today simple as that''

''Anyone still wanna say rowetts over rated when I said what a great manager he is?  We struggle to get a shot against millwall and 35 mins in derby  three up. I'm backing them for second''

''Wolves and derby will finish well clear now I think - decenber has killed us off - top 6 at  best and only if we recruit well in January ''

Wolves Forum

''Well finish top, they’ll come after us.''

''Except they're not, we continue to move further away from them. I'd much rather they came up with us though than Cardiff, Brizzle or Villa.''

''Yes - Rowett is doing well there. Hopefully they piss on the parade at Ashton Gate. Did I mention I $#@!ing hate that lot?''

''Who?
As one poster on their forum put:
Lasting 15 games Wolves have more points
Last 10 games Wolves have more points
Last 5 games Wolves have more point.
They aren't closing a gap on us, just the rest of the table.''

Bristol Forum

''Derby could be a tricky one,their home form is great.''

''

Wolves

Derby

Villa

City

Leeds

Cardiff.

Early doors I know someone Boro, Fulham might make a run 2nd half of the season. Sheff Utd might not fade away.

That top six is how I see it ending so Villa in the semis looks on to me''

''Still think Villa or Derby might finish second behind Wolves. ''

''Where have Derby come from though mind? They looked gash when they played us.''

''I`m still hanging my hat on Derby`s recent history of bottling it in the last ten games. If they don`t this season they will go up IMO.''

''it seems to have just clicked. Since our game they’ve only conceded 10, keeping a clean sheet in 9 games out of 16. 4 goals came in one game against Reading. 

When you look at there defence that is the stats you would be expecting. Definitely the in form team in the championship and if I was Baadiff I’d be extremely worried having 2 teams breathing down your neck. Especially when you lose away at Bolton''

I spent far too long looking at forums with poor interfaces, but I do find other fans without biases opinion on Derby. Quite surprised by how many thought we'd make it into the top 2. Still, an interesting read.

Very informative,intresting readingcheers for the post

Rommys Report from twtd

You can’t be that bad against a team as good as Derbys for an hour and expect anything from it.

For 60 minutes, they’ve run rings around us. Absolutely torn us a new ars*hole. Where was the intensity to get into players like Huddlestones face. Where was the leadership in the middle to get into these c**ts? Instead we’ve let them dance around us and take the absolute piss out of us for most of the game before finally deciding to put a tackle in. 

Just now, Gritters said:

Rommys Report from twtd

You can’t be that bad against a team as good as Derbys for an hour and expect anything from it.

For 60 minutes, they’ve run rings around us. Absolutely torn us a new ars*hole. Where was the intensity to get into players like Huddlestones face. Where was the leadership in the middle to get into these c**ts? Instead we’ve let them dance around us and take the absolute piss out of us for most of the game before finally deciding to put a tackle in. 

Evening Mick :thumbsup:

More hillarity from the Birmingham forum...

Remember there was some kind of ridiculous fashion to support either Celtic or Rangers back in the 80s? Fans would chant one or the other simultaneously? 

At blues we should start chanting our beloved clubs, I and probably 90% of fans could chant "City" while fans like Bat and other people who are obsessed with Derby could chant "County" and hopefully everyone is happy. Or as I suggested, start travelling up to Derbyshire on Saturdays and watch/support them.

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2390735

Archived