View from the outside

Derbados

Think its time this thread was started up again, lets breed some positivity. A few from the Bolton fans from yesterday:

"was impressed with Derby, they have some very good players and a draw would have been a great result for us but it was never on"

"The worrying thing for me is that Derby didn't even try. Andre Wisdom looked like Cafu. We need better than Karacan - I've seen nothing from him this season."

"We didn't concede today because of how we setup. Derby cut through us time and time and time again. At will. mainly on the break. They simply were a league better. If not more."

"We attacked Derby but they looked totally comfortable. The bitter truth is they had pace all over the pitch. We didn't. They had quality all over, we didn't."

"We've got some good lads, who try, but every single one of Derby's players is better than ours. Christ their bench would all be starting for us no questions asked. Very hard to make a go of much under those circumstances. "

"Totally outclassed."

" Outclassed all over the pitch. We were lucky to get away with just 2 goals down, how they didn't score another 4 by half time I will never know."

"We were just outplayed by a team that were organised and could pass and move the ball at ease...."moving" being the apt word. It was literally men against boys and we have a lot to learn"

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been interesting to have got a wolves perspective.

their fans were so gobby afterwards that i've gone right off them.

i used to quite like wolves.

mainly because of alan hinton.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

They probably made the most of it after not being humped at PP for the first time in a few years.

57 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Wouldn't hold it against Wolves, that's just how football fans act when their previously average side start playing well.

We went properly gobby in McClaren's first spell here.

It's the wisdom comment that I liked. "Cafu"

Got to say he reall has looked the part. When some of my generation start spluttering "no one is allowed to tackle these days" .. Take a look at Andre. Great signing. 

We might have lost Will and Tom's sparks of genius but we have some real composure, skill and strength at the back. Early days yet but I see a nice balance in the squad after the last 2 games. 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think we covered how well we did against wolves! 

Two good results against teams we would expect to beat,not taking anything away from the teams performance on sat. However lets see how well we perform against the likes of Hull,Villa, leeds, Middlesbrough',Sheff Weds,          Fulham and the like. These are the teams that will be competing for promotion plaices and who we will need to be winning against.

Two points lost at Sunderland in my opinion, and disappointed to lose against Wolves in the manner we did. Obviously early days and the team will hopefully continue to improve and develop during the season but until we show we can beat the promotion rivals in this league i wont be getting too excited.

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Two good results against teams we would expect to beat,not taking anything away from the teams performance on sat. However lets see how well we perform against the likes of Hull,Villa, leeds, Middlesbrough',Sheff Weds,          Fulham and the like. These are the teams that will be competing for promotion plaices and who we will need to be winning against.

Two points lost at Sunderland in my opinion, and disappointed to lose against Wolves in the manner we did. Obviously early days and the team will hopefully continue to improve and develop during the season but until we show we can beat the promotion rivals in this league i wont be getting too excited.

very well said

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Preston are above us and all the teams you mention will be saying the same about Derby. The measure is league position, doesn't matter where the points come from, there will be no easy games this season.

I don't really take much notice of what other teams fans think of us. They see us for 90 minutes in a one off game.

Nice to get a different perspective I suppose but what they get to see might not be in any way a fair reflection of what we see over a longer period of time.

Points count at the end of the day. Huddersfield finished 5th, negative goal tally and didn't do anything special. Required penalties at both stages in the playoffs. Look at them now. If we stay solid, add more creativity to tweak the front line we'll be up there. If oppo fans see us battle out a one nil and say we were average, do we care? Nope.

Archived