View from the outside

Derbados

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It was reported one said "I dont see all the fuss with the Derby fans, so over 5000 of them travelled up from derby on a friday night..big deal, there was 60000 of us and we had to travel a lot further than they did"

Mainly on planes and ferries 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander what manchester untied fans throught about friday

Loved everything about this game. 
Yes it was only Derby and yes it was only the cup and yes we should have had 6.
But for me Carson was MOTM. No point telling lies and he deserves the respect for a great performance from him.

Good result. It was really important to break them down in the end and get the win. That will be a big win for the team's confidence.
My favourite part was hearing Jose over the pitchside microphones repeatedly saying "keep playing, no long balls" when it was 0-0 late on. 

Decent performance from us and what was quite a strong starting XI. Between the 2 great saves from Carson and hitting the woodwork, we should have been 4 up before we got the 1st one. And what a strike that was! I don't think Derby ever looked too likely to score, they had that one chance that Romero tipped over, though I'm not sure it was going in. They had a few punts from outside the box.

We very good. Deserved more goals and Derby barely got a sniff.

That was enjoyable to watch. Fair play to derby too, they countered well and made it a good game.

Typically pundits/commentators said how well Derby played and were unlucky. No, if we scored even a third of our chances they would have been on the wrong end of a hiding.

Great game to watch. Credit must be given to Derby the way they came at us. Pressuring the man with the ball; we had to play some sharp football.

How did Derby manage to lose only by 2 goals lol.
Should have been 5 at least.

Derby were rubbish but still played them off the park.

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Who gives a **** what a bunch of Surrey stockbrokers and Chinese businessmen think of us? I detest everything that Man Utd stand for; they are nothing more than a corporate brand, not a football club. Prior to Sky’s money destroying the level playing field those tossers only won the odd FA Cup and that most majestic of trophies, the Cup Winners Cup. Ferguson was a bang average manager for 6 years but once the rich pigs of the Premier League stole all the money from the rest they suddenly became the best team in the world. Any club could have done what they did and be what they are with all the unfair advantages they have had; Man City are doing it now. Im so proud to be a Derby fan because we are a real club with a true heart and soul, who when football was more competitive were champions of England twice in an era when Utd won **** all other than the FA Cup. 

The fact that the FA Cup is the only thing Utd have a realistic chance of winning and how desperate they are to progress shows how absolutely pathetic they are these days, as are their so called fans.

On 1/2/2018 at 12:41, IlsonDerby said:

Off the top of my head, Matt Oakley v West Brom in the promotion season. The strike I attribute the whole 'this is it, we could actually do it' feeling to. (My favourite ever Derby County goal)

Kenny Miller against the toon was also very, very nice. 

I'm sure there are others too!

Kenny Miller goal is still visible to me. Winner of the season, actually the only winner of the season.

Incidentally I would take promotion, £200 million and a ten points season next season now if I had the chance. Mel deserves his mioney back. Rowett would get us back up again. Yoyo is a yesyes not a nono.

Stokies

Gary Rowett for me. Young, English and has worked his way up the leagues fast. Did excellent at Burton and jumped to the championship and turned a relegation worried Birmingham into midtable and got sacked for **** all, and doing great at derby who are flying high in the championship.
Signing him up Coatesy.

Id like to see an approach for Gary Rowett plus derailing another promotion push for Derby County at the same time.

You up for hoofball and 10 men behind the ball Jase?

Gary Rowett. A 'takes no ****' English manager possessing a honest hard work ethic -no pampering of namby pamby shithouses,brutal integrity and a manager light years better than what weve got right now ------- my tip

What about Nigel Clough?
Got Burton promoted to the league and turned the into promotion contenders.
Took over relegated Derby who was on the verge of second relegation. Got rid of all the big earners and turned them into a young exciting team who was on the verge of the pay offs. Unfairly sacked.
Then took relegated Sheff United from the relegation places to a play off semi final. Unfairly sacked.
Went back to Burton, got them promoted to the championship. Kept them up easily on the smallest budget in the championship. Again fighting for the lives and surprising a few teams.
His teams know how to defend, are organised and he gets the best out of players.
Another young English manager who deserves a chance. Maybe with an experience coach.
What do you think?

3 managers interviewed today. Rowett, Bilic and one from abroad who isn’t even in the betting markets.

:)

On 8 January 2018 at 23:28, Rampage said:

Kenny Miller goal is still visible to me. Winner of the season, actually the only winner of the season.

Incidentally I would take promotion, £200 million and a ten points season next season now if I had the chance. Mel deserves his mioney back. Rowett would get us back up again. Yoyo is a yesyes not a nono.

You're assuming Rowett would keep his job if we did get promoted but only picked up 10 points then?

10 point season would get a nono from me. 

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You're assuming Rowett would keep his job if we did get promoted but only picked up 10 points then?

10 point season would get a nono from me. 

You're right.

when any club starts losing regularly the mood turns ugly, and most clubs at the bottom decide to ditch the manager.

Had another look around, some chat on villa talk about Derby:

''In the fight for second we need to get two points pr game. And hope Derby slip up a bit. Lose or draw next game, and a Derby win, and we are as far behind we can tolerate. I think we can't fall further behind second place than five-six points by the end of this month.

The last home game of the season vs Derby will (hopefully) be very interesting. With two games left it is almost impossible that we have second spot for granted before the Derby game. For that to happen we needs more than 11 points more than Derby in the next 18 games. 

Other teams might end above us, but if we do good I only fear for Derby.''

''So essentially for the last game to be winner takes all, we need to outscore Derby by 2 points (and have a better goal difference as a result) over 18 games. Then no pressure on the last home game''

''But 80 points, if that gives us 50% chance of 2th, then I take it. As it stand today we have just a bit more than 50% chance to make the playoffs. Derby need 8 wins, 7 draws and 5 losses to make 80 points. I guess 80 points will not be enough for us, and it shows how hard it will be if we dont close the gap by midle of february, when our oposition get harder.''

''85 sounds correct, and very hard for us. But Two wins for us, and Derby lose vs Blues and draw BristolC, and we are both on 50 points with 18 games left. Then we are fav for second. ''

''Assuming we beat Derby on the last day of the season (big ask!), we simply have to match all their results but 1...where we should win where they lose. Not terribly undoable.''

''Realistically we should bee very happy with 2 points per game for the rest of the season. If Derby then beat us we can't blame the second part of the season. Beat Derby at home, and that might tip it our way.'

''I calculated the figures for whoever is second, so if Derby lose/draw, second place changes to Cardiff or Bristol, and so the number stay similar. 

Derby are also playing Bham City so unlikely to lose.
But lets assume a bad draw for Derby AND neither Cardiff NOR Bristol win. Probably quite unrealistic, but always possible.
Second place is then at 1.85ppg so would get 85 points for the season. 

Villa would then need 41 points from 20 games, or 2.05ppg. 

Our current average for the season would be 1.74ppg after our win, so still well below the required minimum.''

''Excellent news!

Cmon Vydra, do a dump in the refs shoe!'' In reaction to Samuel Saiz being suspended for 6 games, made me laugh this one.:lol:

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Had another look around, some chat on villa talk about Derby:

''In the fight for second we need to get two points pr game. And hope Derby slip up a bit. Lose or draw next game, and a Derby win, and we are as far behind we can tolerate. I think we can't fall further behind second place than five-six points by the end of this month.

The last home game of the season vs Derby will (hopefully) be very interesting. With two games left it is almost impossible that we have second spot for granted before the Derby game. For that to happen we needs more than 11 points more than Derby in the next 18 games. 

Other teams might end above us, but if we do good I only fear for Derby.''

''So essentially for the last game to be winner takes all, we need to outscore Derby by 2 points (and have a better goal difference as a result) over 18 games. Then no pressure on the last home game''

''But 80 points, if that gives us 50% chance of 2th, then I take it. As it stand today we have just a bit more than 50% chance to make the playoffs. Derby need 8 wins, 7 draws and 5 losses to make 80 points. I guess 80 points will not be enough for us, and it shows how hard it will be if we dont close the gap by midle of february, when our oposition get harder.''

''85 sounds correct, and very hard for us. But Two wins for us, and Derby lose vs Blues and draw BristolC, and we are both on 50 points with 18 games left. Then we are fav for second. ''

''Assuming we beat Derby on the last day of the season (big ask!), we simply have to match all their results but 1...where we should win where they lose. Not terribly undoable.''

''Realistically we should bee very happy with 2 points per game for the rest of the season. If Derby then beat us we can't blame the second part of the season. Beat Derby at home, and that might tip it our way.'

''I calculated the figures for whoever is second, so if Derby lose/draw, second place changes to Cardiff or Bristol, and so the number stay similar. 

Derby are also playing Bham City so unlikely to lose.
But lets assume a bad draw for Derby AND neither Cardiff NOR Bristol win. Probably quite unrealistic, but always possible.
Second place is then at 1.85ppg so would get 85 points for the season. 

Villa would then need 41 points from 20 games, or 2.05ppg. 

Our current average for the season would be 1.74ppg after our win, so still well below the required minimum.''

''Excellent news!

Cmon Vydra, do a dump in the refs shoe!'' In reaction to Samuel Saiz being suspended for 6 games, made me laugh this one.:lol:

Comprehensive analysis but that man really needs a girlfriend.

Archived