View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic.....what other teams fans are saying.....

Aston villa - our biggest threat imo.

Only kodjia now is long term injury - we are in the window and can bring in one or two if needed but as others struggle with injuries our squad looks strong and tonight’s win should be huge for confidence - maybe Agnew has influenced Bruce to play more on the front foot but tonight we saw why fans have been crying out for the shackles to be off - this is a very good team when players are used to their strengths - for me it’s a fight between villa and derby for 2nd place 

Nothing is pissing me off more than seeing derby sat where we should be. We were in a great place to capitalise and instead it's them there and us sniffing round the arse of the playoffs. 

Derby have earned their spot. We screwed up.

Second place is still very much up for grabs. I think over the last 3 weeks four teams have occupied second spot in Derby, Bristol City, Cardiff and Sheff Utd. Derby have shown that it is that tight that if you can string a run of results together you can shoot up the table.

Derby are not Wolves, they are more than capable of dropping points. Wouldnt say there is a lot between Derby and Cardiff TBH.

Derby are perennial bottlejobs.

Every year is going to be their year and then they collapse.

What sheff united fans are saying.....

I thought Derby fans weren't too bad to be honest. They were quiet for long spells but then away fans generally make more noise if there are thousands of them. My first trip to Pride Park. Decent stadium, great views. Supposed to be a 5 minute walk from the station more like 20. Alright this afternoon beautiful day but after the match soaked to the skin and shivering which didn't help my hangover. 
As for the game never looked a pen but seeing the highlights it probably was but ref gave us nothing.

We were quiet for long spells too. Which made a mockery of our 'football in a library' chants.
Derby's support was OK, better than most. At least all their fans stand up behind that goal.
Pride Park is better than I remember it.

I enjoyed their scoreboard FAR better than ours, continuously showing the match with replays and even the penalty incident during the half-time analysis 'chat-show' that they broadcast .....(take note united?)

I only read the pre-match reviews a few hours ago and the sheepshagging ***** have really really changed their view.
Having 'over achieved' and been 'lucky'to beat them at bramble Lane (hee hee hee), suddenly we are no nailed on ply off rivals.
I can only cone to the scientific conclusion that they are a bunch of deluded *******. They should really get on with our S6 chums....

I don’t understand how Derby are doing as well as they are. 
We deserved to win today, we were camped in their half for large parts of the second half but just couldn’t find the opening.

Derby are very good defensively. Davies & Keogh - best central defensive partnership in the division?
Even at the Lane, though we 100% deserved the win, the goals were 2 ridiculous mistakes (by Russell & the goalie) & then the injury time counter-attack. Generally speaking, defensively they looked rock-solid that day.

I thought they'd have more to say tbh.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What sheff united fans are saying.....

I thought they'd have more to say tbh.

Disappointing.

I mean, I like that people like the stadium but this isn't a real estate reality show.

Also the quote about us being deluded doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Second to last quote basically sums up forums from any game, if good team has poor game = "I don't understand how they are where they are". 

I was expecting a little more commentary on the game itself tbh.

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Disappointing.

I mean, I like that people like the stadium but this isn't a real estate reality show.

Also the quote about us being deluded doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Second to last quote basically sums up forums from any game, if good team has poor game = "I don't understand how they are where they are". 

I was expecting a little more commentary on the game itself tbh.

Are you really chasing promotion if rival fans aren’t describing you as deluded? 

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Are you really chasing promotion if rival fans aren’t describing you as deluded? 

Im not so much confused as to why they'd call Derby fans deluded, there's more than enough evidence of delusion on this forum alone - I just don't think their post makes an ounce of sense.

On 12/31/2017 at 15:32, Rampage said:

'Best' not best, is what I said, Sparkle. I agree with your comments. If you had told me that we were going to be this good after losing those four players for so little outlay, I would have said there was no chance. So glad to be wrong. Winnal's second - one of Derby's all time great long shots? Name two better ones.

Off the top of my head, Matt Oakley v West Brom in the promotion season. The strike I attribute the whole 'this is it, we could actually do it' feeling to. (My favourite ever Derby County goal)

Kenny Miller against the toon was also very, very nice. 

I'm sure there are others too!

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Off the top of my head, Matt Oakley v West Brom in the promotion season. The strike I attribute the whole 'this is it, we could actually do it' feeling to. (My favourite ever Derby County goal)

Kenny Miller against the toon was also very, very nice. 

I'm sure there are others too!

I always liked this one from Deon Burton. A cracker.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander what manchester untied fans throught about friday about our support.

It was reported one said "I dont see all the fuss with the Derby fans, so over 5000 of them travelled up from derby on a friday night..big deal, there was 60000 of us and we had to travel a lot further than they did"

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It was reported one said "I dont see all the fuss with the Derby fans, so over 5000 of them travelled up from derby on a friday night..big deal, there was 60000 of us and we had to travel a lot further than they did"

Best post ever????

Archived