View from the outside

Derbados

I like Burton I do, but some of the comments by their fans make me laugh. Moaning about advertisments and sponsoring corners etc. Maybe if they were a bit more forward thinking and generated additional income from such activities they might not have such a tiny budget.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I like Burton I do, but some of the comments by their fans make me laugh. Moaning about advertisments and sponsoring corners etc. Maybe if they were a bit more forward thinking and generated additional income from such activities they might not have such a tiny budget.

I assumed he was being sarcastic, no?

didnt Burton once change their shirt sponsor for a FA cup game against one of the big boys?

thats selling out surely?

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I assumed he was being sarcastic, no?

didnt Burton once change their shirt sponsor for a FA cup game against one of the big boys?

thats selling out surely?

Didnt they get sponsored by the sun or something like that?

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I had the Sun in mind, but didn’t dare tarnish them with that in case I was wrong.

Had a look online and they have Paddy Power on their shirts so maybe they didnt.

Certainly agree with A38’s post re Pride Park etc. Everything about Derby County is exactly what I can’t stand in modern football. It’s a shame Gary Rowett is manager because in time he will be sacked and Mel Morris will waste £50 million on the next manager and on the cycle goes.

Read more:  http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3213/derby-away-thread?page=4#ixzz50CX5OHRu

• 2 weeks later...

''Tough, tough game this - Derby are in really good form and they're a decent side. I have a feeling Bruce might set us up to make this one as tight as possible (even more so than he usually does) - and I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get a 0-0 or a 1-1. I think we can look poor against poor sides, because we can't control games using the ball, but I think we can surprise against better sides because we work hard without the ball.''

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17102-pre-match-chit-chat/

Mixed feelings from Villa fans, some quite negative about the game with the initial posts being ''easy Derby win'', then it reached a consensus that it will be a close game, a thought that I agree with. 

41 minutes ago, Andicis said:

''Tough, tough game this - Derby are in really good form and they're a decent side. I have a feeling Bruce might set us up to make this one as tight as possible (even more so than he usually does) - and I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get a 0-0 or a 1-1. I think we can look poor against poor sides, because we can't control games using the ball, but I think we can surprise against better sides because we work hard without the ball.''

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17102-pre-match-chit-chat/

Mixed feelings from Villa fans, some quite negative about the game with the initial posts being ''easy Derby win'', then it reached a consensus that it will be a close game, a thought that I agree with. 

Focussing on Derby's style, we can see that they attack through the middle more than any other side in the league.  So the centre backs will face a head-on assault, and players like Whelan will be even more important than they already are.  They come down the righthand side the least out of anyone and down the left 20th.  They also fancy long shots.  Nearly half (47%) of all their shots come from outside the 18 yard box which is joint most in the league (with Norwich & Fulham).  In comparison we take the least amount of shots outside the box with just 33%.  They've had 5 penalties this season which is the most of any side.  As you would expect of a side that attack through the middle, Derby average the least amount of attempted crosses of any side in the league with 16 per game (we average 20).  They also don't go in for long balls.  Only Villa, Norwich & Flum have fewer.  They also average a similar possession to us, so even the styles might be similar, as you might expect from 2 pragmatic managers.

Glad this post has appeared again...... talked to a colleague who is a Barnsley supporter and said he thought Derby were the best footballing team to visit Oakwell this season. He made the point we had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals commenting that that's what you get with our quality in the attacking positions.  

'Mention of Derby’s shithouse time wasting tactics as well. Players going down to stop us building any momentum and balls being kicked away when already out of play to waste even more time. Incredibly frustrating but then shouldn’t expect anything less from an ex-Small heath manager.'

Villa Fans' forum try to persuade themselves that they were hard done by. Sore Brummie losers!!

27 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

'Mention of Derby’s shithouse time wasting tactics as well. Players going down to stop us building any momentum and balls being kicked away when already out of play to waste even more time. Incredibly frustrating but then shouldn’t expect anything less from an ex-Small heath manager.'

Villa Fans' forum try to persuade themselves that they were hard done by. Sore Brummie losers!!!

Yet it was them who started kicking the ball away first at 0 - 0

15 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Derby are a fairly poor side but have a much, much better manager than we do

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17117-match-thread-derby-v-villa/?page=13

How does that even make sense, just a mindless swipe at Bruce who is no fool.

Amazing really a game between 4th and 5th on both sides you have fans not happy with the manager. 

Villa have been hit badly with injuries as well, was a great time to play them to be honest. 

Archived