Che Adams

Carnero

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Does Gary Teale fancy coming out of retirement? We are desperate.

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

We could team Teale up with Connor Sammon

We could team Teal up with Connor Summon..............................only in our worst nightmare:o

Throw in Craig Fagan and Darren Currie and we're sorted! Amazing to think what useless players we've paid good money for in the past. Teale single-handedly was responsible for each of Man Utd's three early goals in the League Cup semifinal and playing Fagan and Currie together effectively meant lining up with nine men on the field. Then there was Sammon...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Is that loud noise the bottom of the barrel being scraped by Rowett

Bottom of the barrel is Leon Best. Heck, not even Leon Best is BotB, that might have been when we gave a contract to Michael Boulding as a backup to the reserve team's backup centre forward under Nigel C.

We're certainly reaching the bottom of the barrell in terms of excuses to slag Gary Rowett and everyone else involved with the club off though. It's getting just a little bit pathetic now.

5 hours ago, GermanRam said:

Finally.

Everybody who says 'no no no' without any reason is just ridicoulos. Adams would be a great addition, followed his development since he went from Ilkeston to Sheff Utd and not to us.

Get him. GR will do.

Do you not think we missed the boat with him in the first place? Our list seems to be very long and once made a bid very public. I find it all a bit worrying, clearly we have valuations on players that appears well below that of the players clubs, this seems to be the case here as well as others.

although different I don't think he is an improvement , I would rather spend all of the cash on one good player than this.

16 hours ago, Terry Hennessey said:

Have a look at him on You Tube...we have no one like him...

i'm not basing an opinion on a player over youtube highlights, it's basically everything they've ever done that's good..

Even I'd look like a good player on youtube using my Sunday league highlights.

Not sure how I feel about this one.

When I saw that we had bid for him, I was happy and thought he could add something to this squad. But when you think about it, He wouldn't fit into a 4-3-3 system, he would be fighting with Vydra/Butterfield/Nugent for the number 10 spot in a 4-2-3-1 system. 

Can he step up?

I'm not so sure. 

I'd still like us to go for him though, he's got a bright future.

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

When I saw that we had bid for him, I was happy and thought he could add something to this squad. But when you think about it, He wouldn't fit into a 4-3-3 system, he would be fighting with Vydra/Butterfield/Nugent for the number 10 spot in a 4-2-3-1 system. 

Can he step up?

I'm not so sure. 

I agree he has a bright future but is he any better than the players we have right now? He's certainly not in the same class as Ince and I would look elsewhere .

18 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Can he step up?

I'm not so sure. 

That's my concern - was disappointed we didn't take a punt on him when he was banging them in for Ilkeston, but now it's hard to see where he's likely to fit - we've already got too many strikers being played out of position so we can fit them into the side.

Think we should be concentrating on buying players that address the lack of creativity rather than going for another striker....

12 hours ago, Coconut said:

Bottom of the barrel is Leon Best. Heck, not even Leon Best is BotB, that might have been when we gave a contract to Michael Boulding as a backup to the reserve team's backup centre forward under Nigel C.

We're certainly reaching the bottom of the barrell in terms of excuses to slag Gary Rowett and everyone else involved with the club off though. It's getting just a little bit pathetic now.

Just another case of some of our so called fans holding our club back. It may not be intentional on their part, but that's what's happening...

Looking at how Rowett used him last season, it was almost exclusively as a no. 10

He started 10 games (only completed 2), made 9 sub appearances, with 3 goals (2 after coming off the bench.)  Was a regular immediately after signing but was often dropped for Donaldson or an extra midfielder after that.

Was used a lot more by Zola and got 3 goals and 3 assists from December onward.

Archived