Che Adams

Carnero

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I just don't know where to start...

Please go on...

My point is, we probably have 4 x players in the whole squad who you would struggle to find a bad word about from our fans...Carson, Wisdom, Huddlestone & Thorne. The fact ALL Brum fans seem to be huge advocates for Adams with none having a bad word to say says a lot about his ability/potential and how highly they think of him.

2 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

We need someone who will score goals though cotterill won't score anymore than what we currently have and he's no better than what we have, would be very disappointed if we replaced ince with cotterill 

With respect Kyle, that is not the issue in my opinion

With Martin, Vydra, Nugent, Wiemann, Russell, we will score goals

If we get the ball to them

That is the issue 

6 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

The fact ALL Brum fans seem to be huge advocates for Adams with none having a bad word to say says a lot about his ability/potential and how highly they think of him.

Or they've got very little quality in their squad.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seen comments from Birmingham fans claiming he is worth £10 million. Have they been sniffing glue?

To be fair if you think about it. Firstly he's 21 and one of their best players, certainly their best attacker. He's got his best years ahead. Secondly, Brum will be hoping for top 6 and, although I don't think they will get it, they will see us as a direct rival for that. Thirdly, they know we have money and are desperate for a wind man/attacking option or two. They also have a few bob themselves and no need to cover themselves on FFP (yet).

As much as our fans may only rate him as somewhere between 3-6 million, in today market Birmingham could easily hold out for bids below 10. Buying (or even keeping him from their perspective) is a gamble, but at 21 he could turn out to be a premier league regular in the near future. He could also flop, but that's football, and young players are often priced on their potential rather than their ability as it stands. 

I'd be surprised if they accepted something below 9 million in all honesty. 

6 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Please go on...

My point is, we probably have 4 x players in the whole squad who you would struggle to find a bad word about from our fans...Carson, Wisdom, Huddlestone & Thorne. The fact ALL Brum fans seem to be huge advocates for Adams with none having a bad word to say says a lot about his ability/potential and how highly they think of him.

What was the general consensus on here about the value of Hughes and Ince? I think we finally talked ourselves down from around £15m?

We all have our opinions but (as far as I'm aware) no-one on here is a professional football manager - None of us watch the players in training every day - None of us have the benefit of years in the game and proper coaching/training to know what to look for - None of us have access to the analytics and data which modern managers have

On top of that - A player's fans will rave about him based on their level - Sandro Semedo was very highly thought of by Leighton Orient fans - Yet his trial for our u23s doesn't seem to have gone anywhere - Adams may well be a very good player for a team who barely avoided (arguably shouldn't have) relegation last season - If that's what we needed let's go get Jamie Ward back

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Dunno where this release clause stuff is coming from. They rejected 5 million didn't they? 

If he had a 3.5 million release clause he wouldn't be at Birmingham anymore.

Doesn't seem to add up no, can't say why they'd put a clause that low in his contract either.

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

What was the general consensus on here about the value of Hughes and Ince? I think we finally talked ourselves down from around £15m?

We all have our opinions but (as far as I'm aware) no-one on here is a professional football manager - None of us watch the players in training every day - None of us have the benefit of years in the game and proper coaching/training to know what to look for - None of us have access to the analytics and data which modern managers have

On top of that - A player's fans will rave about him based on their level - Sandro Semedo was very highly thought of by Leighton Orient fans - Yet his trial for our u23s doesn't seem to have gone anywhere - Adams may well be a very good player for a team who barely avoided (arguably shouldn't have) relegation last season - If that's what we needed let's go get Jamie Ward back

Semedo really wasn't raved about by Orient fans, they had a massively mixed back of opinions. Some were perplexed about how he'd managed to get a trial here, I remember one tweet along the lines of "he must have a brilliant agent". 

2 hours ago, HarryHassett said:

From what I've seen, he plays on the right in a front three, or the three in behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, which are currently our plan's A & B. Don't see it as running out of options, as such. Do wonder though why we didn't go for him sooner, as he is at a championship club, you'd think they'd be willing to do business sooner.

I also like the idea we're looking at good young British players, who we could make a really tidy profit on. If Nigel Clough had still been at dcfc, he would have been at Derby 3/4 years ago... LOL. Is this potentially better business than a loan from a prem club? although I see the merits in that as well, remember Ibe being called back by Liverpool and leaving us short.

We did,about 5 weeks ago but it was all done discreetly.

23 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Strange amount of people not thinking he'd improve us or get in ahead of Weimann and Russell? Sometimes wonder what you lot are on :huh:

Having said that, someone earlier said they'd rather Cotterill so maybe it's me whose gone mental :D

If we want a winger who can cross the ball to our players then actually Cotterill is more than capable.

21 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

With respect Kyle, that is not the issue in my opinion

With Martin, Vydra, Nugent, Wiemann, Russell, we will score goals

If we get the ball to them

That is the issue 

I am 100% with this and ultimately I think this will be the key

21 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Dunno where this release clause stuff is coming from. They rejected 5 million didn't they? 

If he had a 3.5 million release clause he wouldn't be at Birmingham anymore.

A release clause gives the player an opportunity to speak to a club if the amount is met.

It doesn't mean the player has to be sold.

Adams may not have fancied Fulham? 

13 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Semedo really wasn't raved about by Orient fans, they had a massively mixed back of opinions. Some were perplexed about how he'd managed to get a trial here, I remember one tweet along the lines of "he must have a brilliant agent". 

Okay - Well all of the guys in the stand the twice I went last season raved about him

And again - Shows the 'value' of picking a player based on the opinions of fans 

Archived