Che Adams

Carnero

43 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think Clough had a decent 'hit' rate as a mid-table team - Players who came in and 'did a job' I'm calling a hit for now - But not many of them would be considered good enough now

I agree with you, although interesting to see Adam Legdzins and Grant are now both premier league goalkeepers.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I agree with you, although interesting to see Adam Legdzins and Grant are now both premier league goalkeepers.

Also misleading, they won't make 1 appearance in the league between them if Heaton/Butland stay fit. 

52 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Legdzins is third choice so it's unlikely he'll even play in the cup.

Nice work if you can get it. I think of all the jobs in the world being a reserve goalkeeper is up there with the best. Zero pressure, paid to keep fit, occasionally get a run out in professional football. Glorious.

5 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Think he would do an excellent job ... we could have simular players to

David Martin
Conor Sammon
Chris Maguire

Obviously im joking as he did get some great players for us for next to nothing but nobody is perfect when it comes to selecting players

I beg to differ matey! There's plenty on here who are absolutely bulletproof in this regard and doubtless fully qualified to offer sound and objective scouting advice, should anyone care to listen.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I beg to differ matey! There's plenty on here who are absolutely bulletproof in this regard and doubtless fully qualified to offer sound and objective scouting advice, should anyone care to listen.

Particularly after the event.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nice work if you can get it. I think of all the jobs in the world being a reserve goalkeeper is up there with the best. Zero pressure, paid to keep fit, occasionally get a run out in professional football. Glorious.

It's a short career though and if you aren't at the top level then there is the pressure of earning money later in life.

I would like to think that most players want to play too but I see your point.

18 hours ago, 86 points said:

You may well be correct :) who do you have in mind may i ask :thumbsup:

No way we can justify signing him over a central midfielder. Will never know why we even bid unless it was tactical.

Do wonder if we have the remainder of the Ince money set aside and Mel would sanction spending it for the right move. It would explain the bid a bit more.

8 hours ago, Rample said:

No way we can justify signing him over a central midfielder. Will never know why we even bid unless it was tactical.

Do wonder if we have the remainder of the Ince money set aside and Mel would sanction spending it for the right move. It would explain the bid a bit more.

What about as well as??

Archived