Che Adams

Carnero

As much as I don't think this lad is anywhere near as bad as people are making out, he is also nowhere near as good as other players we have been linked with. 

I'd sooner us work on getting Vydra firing than another signing of this nature. 

If we are going to spend big lets make sure it actually makes a big difference for a change. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

As much as I don't think this lad is anywhere near as bad as people are making out, he is also nowhere near as good as other players we have been linked with. 

If we are going to spend big lets make sure it actually makes a big difference for a change. 

I totally agree.  I can't see the point in going for another number 10, there's not many better at this level in that position than Vydra, why not just play him there!  We also have Weimann and Butterfield as the number 10 back ups.  If we're going to spend big, I'd rather get a top winger and possibly a better midfielder in the class of Matty James.

5 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

...there's not many better at this level in that position than Vydra, why not just play him there!  

How are we supposed to play injured player? :ph34r:

M. Vydra is injured at the moment, as far as I know, he has a hamstrings injury. 

How long does it take to recover from a hamstring injury?

The length of time it takes to recover from a hamstring strain or tear will depend on how severe the injury is. A minor muscle pull or strain (grade 1) may take a few days to heal, whereas it could take weeks or months to recover from a muscle tear (grade 2 or 3).

35 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I cant fault you on this one...if anything I think a good midfielder / winger for me more of a requirement...

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Bit confused why we bid 3 mil for Adams (after they rejected 5) and 2 mil for Robinson.

I know you're meant to start bidding low, but that's taking the p*ss.

It's to say to the fans "at least we tried" when we sign some rubbish on loan on deadline day. 

11 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Bit confused why we bid 3 mil for Adams (after they rejected 5) and 2 mil for Robinson.

I know you're meant to start bidding low, but that's taking the p*ss.

They rejected £5m from Fulham - Supposedly - And not from his former manager, the guy who brought him to B'ham - Make it clear you're interested at a certain price and then see if the player tries to force a move

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

They rejected £5m from Fulham - Supposedly - And not from his former manager, the guy who brought him to B'ham - Make it clear you're interested at a certain price and then see if the player tries to force a move

Could be he's making Leicester think we're not that interested in TL whilst putting in a bid to Birmingham he knows will be rejected ....

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Another Clough find. Remarkable how Clough finds these players year after year. Although to be fair, given he signed him from Illkeston he didn't have to go far to look at him.

Can't we employ Cloughy as a scout?

14 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Think he would do an excellent job ... we could have simular players to

David Martin
Conor Sammon
Chris Maguire

Obviously im joking as he did get some great players for us for next to nothing but nobody is perfect when it comes to selecting players

16 hours ago, Phoenix said:

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

Obviously im joking as he did get some great players for us for next to nothing but nobody is perfect when it comes to selecting players

His 'hit' rate was fairly decent - But I'd suggest McClarens was better?

If you manage to hit 50/50 then it's pretty good in this day and age

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

His 'hit' rate was fairly decent - But I'd suggest McClarens was better?

If you manage to hit 50/50 then it's pretty good in this day and age

Even his 'misses' didn't cost us much - mostly because he barely spent anything. Biggest spend was probably Thorne, followed by Nugent.

23 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Even his 'misses' didn't cost us much - mostly because he barely spent anything. Biggest spend was probably Thorne, followed by Nugent.

I think Clough had a decent 'hit' rate as a mid-table team - Players who came in and 'did a job' I'm calling a hit for now - But not many of them would be considered good enough now

Archived