RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

On 02/01/2020 at 20:43, adamscybot said:

Anyone else having issues viewing the game tonight?

Everyone who's not in a "dark market" country!

I had to watch it on a pay channel (DAZN) with Spanish commentators. I've no problem with the language, but would have preferred the RamsTV commentary.

I look forward to watching Derby play more than anything. I honestly get a bit giddy before matches start. The fact that we can now watch matches we can't attend is just a dream. The main reason I wanted us to get promoted so much was so that I could watch all our games. Now I'm not even that bothered about going up, such is the greatness of being able to comfortably and affordably watch all our matches.

And yet... RamsTV. I think I hate you. Where do I start? Well, let's go over the positives, first.

Owen Bradley is great. And some of the guests are bearable. And we can watch (most of) the matches! (I'll come to that). This is (obviously), the biggest plus. And it's a huge plus. I will pay to watch Derby play whatever the quality of the output. It will massively outweigh any negative.

I think that's all the pluses.

Firstly, the service itself is shoddy. YouTube offers HD video for free, with ads. RamsTV offers a muddy, SD quality stream for a premium price, with ads, and regularly cutting out. It's not as bad as it was last season, but it's still pretty common to lose connection. Which is obviously unacceptable for a live, premium service.

I would assume that losing connection is more to do with your internet service.

mine's a bit pants but i don't get too many problems with RamsTV particularly since installing an extender to improve signal strength.

RamsTV has been a Mel triumph.

I left home first time in 1981 to join the forces. In Germany and wherever else we got stationed it was literally a case of finding English Sunday morning papers, tuning into British Forces radio or even phoning home at 20.00 on Saturday night just to find the result.

Fast forward to me coming to Sweden in 1999. The rare game on Swedish telly showing DCFC. Mobile phones and internet gave us Radio Derby. Apps gave us Radio Derby commentary out and about.

So, this new current advent of Rams TV and me being able to actually watch every league match is basically the best thing ever as far as Im concerened.

Now Im waiting for the 360 cameras and VR games so I can view it all as if Im in the stadium. Wont be long now.

Just now, StockholmRam said:

I left home first time in 1981 to join the forces. In Germany and wherever else we got stationed it was literally a case of finding English Sunday morning papers, tuning into British Forces radio or even phoning home at 20.00 on Saturday night just to find the result.

Fast forward to me coming to Sweden in 1999. The rare game on Swedish telly showing DCFC. Mobile phones and internet gave us Radio Derby. Apps gave us Radio Derby commentary out and about.

So, this new current advent of Rams TV and me being able to actually watch every league match is basically the best thing ever as far as Im concerened.

Now Im waiting for the 360 cameras and VR games so I can view it all as if Im in the stadium. Wont be long now.

Already tried in Norway! Seems like the stadium full of cameras and interactive camera selection was preferred by test users. 

On 06/01/2020 at 12:53, KevinBrandon said:

YouTube offers HD video for free, with ads. RamsTV offers a muddy, SD quality stream for a premium price, with ads, and regularly cutting out. It's not as bad as it was last season, but it's still pretty common to lose connection. Which is obviously unacceptable for a live, premium service.

The price for live games is set by the EFL - nothing the club can do about that, and it'll be impossible for it to be free on YouTube. Ads? Do you mean adverts during the half-time break? That's not going to stop and it's no different with any Sky/BT/other. Try upgrading your ISP. You'll also find the service is worse away than at home - it may not take you long to figure out why.

The only alternative to RamsTV is the EFL's iFollow, which usually has worse picture quality, worse commentators and no studio talk (pre-match, half-time...)

Very good commentary v palace. 

I listened to radio Derby live and so have now seen the same incident via RamsTv, so can compare the two perspectives.

The two punches by Roos on 93 minutes had Ed foaming at the mouth, and then being corrected by Eric Steele. Owen called it exactly as Eric did, calmly and without losing focus. On tv the commentator doesn't need to say as much, but the RamsTv standard seems more professional. the production and graphics are excellent too. 

I like seeing the parade of ex-Rams as guests. It was great to see Leon Osman back the other week. First time i've heard him interviewed about his time at Derby. I'd quite like to see a few villains back again e.g. Savage or Mad Billy Davies; even Paul Jewell. But NOT Phil Brown. I'm still not ready for that. 

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Very good commentary v palace. 

I listened to radio Derby live and so have now seen the same incident via RamsTv, so can compare the two perspectives.

The two punches by Roos on 93 minutes had Ed foaming at the mouth, and then being corrected by Eric Steele. Owen called it exactly as Eric did, calmly and without losing focus. On tv the commentator doesn't need to say as much, but the RamsTv standard seems more professional. the production and graphics are excellent too. 

I like seeing the parade of ex-Rams as guests. It was great to see Leon Osman back the other week. First time i've heard him interviewed about his time at Derby. I'd quite like to see a few villains back again e.g. Savage or Mad Billy Davies; even Paul Jewell. But NOT Phil Brown. I'm still not ready for that. 

They've done a meets with Billy Davies.

16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

They've done a meets with Billy Davies.

Yes i thought it was very good. Obviously focussed upon past events.

Lets get him back again and hear his assessment of the current team. 

29 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Are you mad? 

They'd have to don him up like Hannibal Lecter to have him live in the studio!

Yes. Excellent. A bit of edge. 

I'll give some honest feedback.

It's awesome to be able to see u18's/23's games live and for free.

A few seasons ago you'd see a name appear on the 1st team teamsheet and wondered who it was, and what sort of player are they?

Now you wonder when these kids will get a chance in the 1st team, having seen multiple times how good they are.

It's been a fantastic tool to bring fans closer to the club beyond 1st team level , invested in the future players when they make the breakthrough, and quite smug when you realise other teams fans at our level aren't getting anywhere near the same level of access.

On 6 January 2020 at 15:09, RamNut said:

I would assume that losing connection is more to do with your internet service.

mine's a bit pants but i don't get too many problems with RamsTV particularly since installing an extender to improve signal strength.

RamsTV has been a Mel triumph.

Having sung its praises, i'm now having trouble with it.

couldn't get the boro game to play live, and now.....every video crashes after about 6 minutes repeatedly?

makes watching the match back somewhat tedious. 

Edited by RamNut

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Having sung its praises, i'm now having trouble with it.

couldn't get the boro game to play live, and now.....every video crashes after about 6 minutes repeatedly?

makes watching the match back somewhat tedious. 

Mended it.

incase anyone else gets the same problem - something might have got corrupted when buying a match on pay per view. It didn’t work and thereafter all ramstv videos crashed after 7 minutes repeatedly. 

tried google chrome  - didn’t fix it

tried clearing cache - didn’t fix it

tried reset all settings - yes!

On 14/01/2020 at 01:03, RamNut said:

Mended it.

incase anyone else gets the same problem - something might have got corrupted when buying a match on pay per view. It didn’t work and thereafter all ramstv videos crashed after 7 minutes repeatedly. 

tried google chrome  - didn’t fix it

tried clearing cache - didn’t fix it

tried reset all settings - yes!

Except it’s gone wrong again now ?