RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Probably was. Or DCTV/DCFCTV. Im going back to about 1999/2000 though. 

He means the sponsored comedy bits like pass-it-on were RamsTV productions, I think.

Edited by SaintRam

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Probably was. Or DCTV/DCFCTV. Im going back to about 1999/2000 though. 

I remember seeing the sky subscription application and there was a ram on there together with disney etc.  Didn't last long though

7 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Morning all,

I know there have been plenty in the thread, but does anyone have any questions about RamsTV?

How we do what we do/why we do what we do/who makes decisions on running orders & content/how I prepare for a commentary etc etc.

We won't be able to answer everything, but I hope as the season goes on we will be able to answer a few!

Cheers!

I'm curious about how big the team is behind the shows, and how much effort goes into a 30 min show... From script, to shoot to edit. 

1 hour ago, zaragozaram said:

Oh goody, another game not available in Spain, Seriously questioning it's worth.

Lets hope it is on free to air Portuguese TV like last time. Improving my Portuguese anyway. Obrigado.

The best, or worst, of it is that the game isn't being shown by DAZN who have the rights. The Huddersfield game wasn't shown either. It's annoying enough when the game is being screened that I can't watch it via the platform which I have already paid for, but when it's not available legally (I know that short trips to Japan, North Korea etc aren't illegal but you know what I mean) surely the club should be allowed to make it available to those who have paid. We get a brilliant service from the club in terms of content and production, but we don't unfortunately get what we are paying for in terms of games. Once Rooney joins up the situation is almost certainly going to be even worse. You @OwenB87 get the complaints directed at you because you are a known direct link with the club in general, and RamsTV in particular so sorry at least for my part, but perhaps the club could address the issues a little better. Then again, contradicting myself, I suppose they have explained why we can't watch and from where we can so probably can't do anything else about it. 

On 22/08/2019 at 12:21, OwenB87 said:

Morning all,

I know there have been plenty in the thread, but does anyone have any questions about RamsTV?

How we do what we do/why we do what we do/who makes decisions on running orders & content/how I prepare for a commentary etc etc.

We won't be able to answer everything, but I hope as the season goes on we will be able to answer a few!

Cheers!

So @OwenB87, trying to get back to your original post, I would be interested in knowing the answers to all of the questions that you put ?. I really enjoy the content, both live and pre-recorded, and would also like to know if there is anything new planned for the near future? Could some of the stuff that currently gets transmitted live on Facebook be shown as live transmission via the app/web as well?

Keep up the excellent work, not just yours as I am sure that many people are involved in producing what is a very professional channel, and pass on my gratitude to all involved. Mel Morris also deserves plenty of praise for insisting on providing the quality that we are getting, and I would assume for allowing the club to use part of it's budget towards something that I presume is none profit making (after all you must be earning close to a Rooney type wage ?).

On 23/08/2019 at 17:02, richinspain said:

The best, or worst, of it is that the game isn't being shown by DAZN who have the rights. The Huddersfield game wasn't shown either. It's annoying enough when the game is being screened that I can't watch it via the platform which I have already paid for, but when it's not available legally (I know that short trips to Japan, North Korea etc aren't illegal but you know what I mean) surely the club should be allowed to make it available to those who have paid. We get a brilliant service from the club in terms of content and production, but we don't unfortunately get what we are paying for in terms of games. Once Rooney joins up the situation is almost certainly going to be even worse. You @OwenB87 get the complaints directed at you because you are a known direct link with the club in general, and RamsTV in particular so sorry at least for my part, but perhaps the club could address the issues a little better. Then again, contradicting myself, I suppose they have explained why we can't watch and from where we can so probably can't do anything else about it. 

@OwenB87 in support of my mate rich it is very frustrating.  Effectively DAZN have blocked booked dcfc games irrespective of whether they show them or not.  Some for other teams also

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The new Academy Review show was excellent @OwenB87 except for your skinny jeans with two large mobile phones (or at least I presume they were).  You can carry the jeans off but perhaps the camera person could have the phones while you are doing your bit.

One of them must be a burner. The only people who use burners are those involved in either drugs or international espionage. Owen?

11 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The new Academy Review show was excellent @OwenB87 except for your skinny jeans with two large mobile phones (or at least I presume they were).  You can carry the jeans off but perhaps the camera person could have the phones while you are doing your bit.

One was a phone, the other was a mic pack, and unfortunately there isn’t really anywhere else to put that! 

3 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

One was a phone, the other was a mic pack, and unfortunately there isn’t really anywhere else to put that! 

Whenever I did pieces to camera I used to have the mic pack in a jacket pocket or clipped to the back of my trouser waist band.  Or wear baggier trousers ?

3 hours ago, David said:

You know you’re doing something right when the only criticism is your phone is too big in your pocket ?

As I said, the show was "excellent" so he is doing a lot right.  But to my eye anyway the large phone in one pocket and the mic pack in another, in a pair of skinny jeans, was distracting at best. @OwenB87 could ask the camera person just to shoot him 'head and shoulders' would equally get around the issue.

If you want another comment (and perhaps you don't) then someone ought to tell Darren Wassell to have a shave before he gets interviewed on Rams TV, unless he's growing a beard.  It looks more professional.

41 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

As I said, the show was "excellent" so he is doing a lot right.  But to my eye anyway the large phone in one pocket and the mic pack in another, in a pair of skinny jeans, was distracting at best. @OwenB87 could ask the camera person just to shoot him 'head and shoulders' would equally get around the issue.

If you want another comment (and perhaps you don't) then someone ought to tell Darren Wassell to have a shave before he gets interviewed on Rams TV, unless he's growing a beard.  It looks more professional.

Can’t say I’ve ever been distracted by anything below the waist on RamsTV yet, I’m usually looking further up ?