RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

23 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

The production tonight is awful. Camera way too close to the pitch, zoomed in too close, switching camera views whilst the camera is panning. Very poor indeed!

Sounds similar to the red button coverage, but we’ve only got one camera.

44 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

The production tonight is awful. Camera way too close to the pitch, zoomed in too close, switching camera views whilst the camera is panning. Very poor indeed!

You do realise they are on a temporary gantry because the stand is being rebuilt? Pretty sure as the away side RamsTV can't help that much and are doing the best they can. 

Yes, but that’s no excuse for poor camera work, flicking between cameras at the wrong time, and all the noise and foul language from dugout below, which is really quite off putting. This is quite possibly the worst Rams TV production I’ve seen, and I watch it every week, nothing like the usual fairly polished product. The performance on the pitch doesn’t help!

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Yes, but that’s no excuse for poor camera work, flicking between cameras at the wrong time, and all the noise and foul language from dugout below, which is really quite off putting. This is quite possibly the worst Rams TV production I’ve seen, and I watch it every week, nothing like the usual fairly polished product. The performance on the pitch doesn’t help!

Maybe they took the live feed from the FulhamTv service and had no control over the cameras?

49 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Maybe they took the live feed from the FulhamTv service and had no control over the cameras?

47 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

No idea, but as a paying customer I’m less than impressed, very poor show tonight. Good commentary but that’s about it.

I believe @Boycie is right (it had to happen one day) and all streams are down to the home club. I can't imagine RamsTV have a mobile unit similar to Sky or the BBC to beam back away games. At least the commentary was good and that is down to RamsTV. Congratulations @OwenB87 and team.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

At least the commentary was good and that is down to RamsTV. Congratulations @OwenB87 and team.

Martin Fisher doesn’t exactly sit on the fence and can be a bit negative, but I still think he’s good.

i rewatched the first half v Preston and I thought Owen was excellent. The master of not gabbling for the sake of it. Quite Brian Moore-ish?

i then I heard Ed Dawes commentary in the car. Horrible. Makes your ears bleed and incites the most casual listener to want to want to commit extreme violence. Anyone got a spare axe? 

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Martin Fisher doesn’t exactly sit on the fence and can be a bit negative, but I still think he’s good.

i rewatched the first half v Preston and I thought Owen was excellent. The master of not gabbling for the sake of it. Quite Brian Moore-ish?

i then I heard Ed Dawes commentary in the car. Horrible. Makes your ears bleed and incites the most casual listener to want to want to commit extreme violence. Anyone got a spare axe? 

You still not finished grinding yours mate?

12 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

We were just as frustrated as you, trust me. Sorry it wasn’t up to the usual standard. 

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

I believe @Boycie is right (it had to happen one day) and all streams are down to the home club. I can't imagine RamsTV have a mobile unit similar to Sky or the BBC to beam back away games. At least the commentary was good and that is down to RamsTV. Congratulations @OwenB87 and team.

thought that at first but they missed the second goal lived but I think I saw 2 different angles on the replay?  I was hiding behind the settee at the time so can't be sure

4 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

We were just as frustrated as you, trust me. Sorry it wasn’t up to the usual standard. 

Was the camera feed from Sky, the "standard" Championship stream feed or was it your own?

Also, the "foul language" that Simmo complains about isn't really a big deal, the voice we were hearing all game was Scott Parker's, I'd like that insight more often ? 

Edited by SaintRam

12 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I liked it when they switched the camera to look at the pitch lengthways.

I also liked the noise from the dugout. It's not often you hear what professional football managers say on the touchline, so it provided a good insight. 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

To be fair, something I noticed and wanted to say to @OwenB87 when he announced Martin Fisher was commentating, is that Fisher seems to have gotten exceedingly unlucky and the vast majority of games he commentates on are ones where we get stuffed / don't turn up ? 
I bet he'd be on the absolute hype train if he got to watch Derby play someone off the park!

I agree that Owen's commentary has been good though; not too cluttered. That was Jack Woodward's problem, and it lead to him throwing out multiple partridge-isms and repeated conversations a game. 
One bit of feedback actually is that now that, in Owen, we have less cluttered commentary - it would be good if the crowd noise was a tad more audible. Obviously its a difficult balance between hearing the general atmosphere well and hearing that one drunkard calling someone a Bamford (like in the U23 game v Leeds ? ), but it'd be good to get a bit more of a sense of the atmosphere.

Edited by SaintRam

Thanks for all the comments.

In Fish's defence, I think the team's record on RamsTV domestic streams isn't great full stop !

The crowd noise thing is something we're working on. We've had a few problems with atmos mics picking up unsavoury comments, as mentioned! Also, there often isn't much atmosphere to pick up at some 23s/18s games.

On the cameras, I think we were taking the EFL mix last night, rather than doing our own thing. The gantry position at Fulham isn't great either. And we certainly don't have an OB truck!

As for my commentary, I don't think it's my strength but I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll improve as the season goes on.

1 minute ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks for all the comments.

In Fish's defence, I think the team's record on RamsTV domestic streams isn't great full stop !

The crowd noise thing is something we're working on. We've had a few problems with atmos mics picking up unsavoury comments, as mentioned! Also, there often isn't much atmosphere to pick up at some 23s/18s games.

On the cameras, I think we were taking the EFL mix last night, rather than doing our own thing. The gantry position at Fulham isn't great either. And we certainly don't have an OB truck!

As for my commentary, I don't think it's my strength but I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll improve as the season goes on.

False modesty mate.

its good. And very polite. Even my mum would like it. 

Much better than “IT’S TTTTTIIIIMMMEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!”

I wonder if it's worth RamsTV doing a feature on RamsTV match day - to explain the issues about putting matches on (especially for away games), the different options that you may or may not have for taking the coverage/camera positions etc, what the rules are about covering certain matches and not others, a bit about the different commentators, which clubs are doing what in relation to developing their own channels, whether there's evidence that midweek coverage has reduced ticket sales, where it might go in the future.

Given that this is in it's infancy my view is that Rams TV as a whole is very, very good

7 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Have to say for the 25 minutes I managed to watch (Rams TV letting me down AGAIN-the service is so so bad) I didn't mind the dodgy camera angle, also thought it was good that you could clearly hear the coaches shouting at the players.....although some of the language may not have been PG rated.

I certainly think that Fish is a great commentator, its great to have him on Rams TV, hes a fan and a BBC East Midlands old boy. ? Personally I hated the sounds of the coaches bellowing and would have preferred a bit more crowd background. It must have been difficult last night though.

Love the idea of a documentary showing behind the scenes at Rams TV. How about an interview with Martin re his life as a commentator? I bet he has some great stories to tell.

Keep up the good work on Rams TV, its a lifeline for us expats!