RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

52 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks Boycie. I’m hoping to improve considerably, given a proper run at it. 

FWIW the decision was made for me to takeover first team comms before Jack got the gig at Villa, so I’m really pleased for him. 

From what I've seen/heard so far, you're doing a cracking job and will only get better with time.

23 minutes ago, zaragozaram said:

Getting slightly annoyed at paying for Rams TV every month and not getting the games. 2 out of 3 games so far this season have not been available. Maybe it is just how it has fallen but starting to question the value of my monthly subscription

I get your frustration but none of this is down to RamsTV. It's all to do with EFL broadcasting rights but it might be worth hopping on a quick flight if certain games aren't available in your location ? 

1 hour ago, zaragozaram said:

Getting slightly annoyed at paying for Rams TV every month and not getting the games. 2 out of 3 games so far this season have not been available. Maybe it is just how it has fallen but starting to question the value of my monthly subscription

it is because spain now has an EFL broadcast deal.

10 hours ago, zaragozaram said:

Today's game was never going to be shown. No cup games ever are.

10 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

I get your frustration but none of this is down to RamsTV. It's all to do with EFL broadcasting rights but it might be worth hopping on a quick flight if certain games aren't available in your location ? 

As stated below, up till now all league games were available, or at least last season they were as no Spanish channel took Championship games. This year DAZN shows I think Friday games (the Huddersfield game wasn't shown), so a quick flight to Japan at half time was necessary ?.

9 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

it is because spain now has an EFL broadcast deal.

This.

On 13/08/2019 at 18:51, zaragozaram said:

Being messed around by this rights nonsense is really frustrating. I live in Japan and last year had access to most games until half way through the season. At this juncture, the EFL had sold the rights to a company in Japan for a number of games. I couldn't watch these games on RamsTV anymore. But the really frustrating thing was that (as far as I could find) the games weren't being televised in Japan either. So nobody in Japan could watch these games because the rights were bought by a company that didn't show the games! Farcical. 

Luckily, Japan is back to being a 'dark market', so I can watch most games on RamsTV this season (or until it changes, if it does). 

1 hour ago, RamO said:

Being messed around by this rights nonsense is really frustrating. I live in Japan and last year had access to most games until half way through the season. At this juncture, the EFL had sold the rights to a company in Japan for a number of games. I couldn't watch these games on RamsTV anymore. But the really frustrating thing was that (as far as I could find) the games weren't being televised in Japan either. So nobody in Japan could watch these games because the rights were bought by a company that didn't show the games! Farcical. 

Luckily, Japan is back to being a 'dark market', so I can watch most games on RamsTV this season (or until it changes, if it does). 

It would be interesting to know how many RamsTV subscribers there are in each country that could affect subscriber numbers. I would have thought that it's very unlikely that a ram, or any other team's supporter, would take out a subscription with one of these tv companies only to watch their team once or twice a season. If they want to watch Championship games having a couple of your own team's games shown would be an advantage, but not the priority. I can understand the company wanting this condition, but the EFL should be thinking more about the subscribers to what is after all their product in the live screening of all club's games abroad. I know that DCFC opted out, but didn't they have to pay to the EFL to do so even if it was as a percentage per subscriber? We pay to watch the league games, cup games never entered into the equation, yet a successful or big club can be shown live 8 or 10 times and these games are then unavailable to us. When Rooney finally arrives I hate to think how many of our games will be switched! I'm currently paying £12.50 a month for my RamsTV subscription, I would need to pay another 10€ a month for DAZN who don't even show all of the championship games available to them. Yes, it's much cheaper than going to live games, but is a large chunk out of my wages every month (my name is Richard, I'm not using my user name to show off). If the games can't be shown I know it's not down to the club, but once again this is a very poor tv deal for the clubs signed by the EFL. They really are screwing the clubs and particularly their fans.

Something I noticed last night was that atleast four times through the match, the cameras went to a close up of someone during a passage of play. Each time this happened we either lost or gained possession in important parts of the pitch. 

Does it not make sense to keep the camera on the ball when the ball is in play, and then do closeups of players/manager/crowd when the ball is out of play?

Morning all,

I know there have been plenty in the thread, but does anyone have any questions about RamsTV?

How we do what we do/why we do what we do/who makes decisions on running orders & content/how I prepare for a commentary etc etc.

We won't be able to answer everything, but I hope as the season goes on we will be able to answer a few!

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Morning all,

I know there have been plenty in the thread, but does anyone have any questions about RamsTV?

How we do what we do/why we do what we do/who makes decisions on running orders & content/how I prepare for a commentary etc etc.

We won't be able to answer everything, but I hope as the season goes on we will be able to answer a few!

Cheers!

Need more lighthearted stuff including the players, that's how we get to know them more, rather than Colin's interviews where he doesn't actually pose a question. The videos last year (not done by RamsTV) with Waghorn, Nugent etc were brilliant and far more insightful into the personality of our squad than most other things we get to see.

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Need more lighthearted stuff including the players, that's how we get to know them more, rather than Colin's interviews where he doesn't actually pose a question. The videos last year (not done by RamsTV) with Waghorn, Nugent etc were brilliant and far more insightful into the personality of our squad than most other things we get to see.

What was the question?

Also, which videos are you talking about there? 

1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

Morning all,

Cheers!

I may have already asked this, are there plans to have the channel available on Sky?

Years and years and years ago, there used to be a channel on the old Nynex/NTL cable boxes, that played lots of Derby clips and footage, I cannot believe that nothing like that is in existence nowadays (to my knowledge). 

Some of us are kind of stuck in our ways and like to watch our coverage on a Television!

59 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

What was the question?

Also, which videos are you talking about there? 

I think he's referring to the MarathonBet or Bet32 footage of Chinese Whispers where the players had to lip-read, where the "Martin Waghorn was a snip at five-million" happened.

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think he's referring to the MarathonBet or Bet32 footage of Chinese Whispers where the players had to lip-read, where the "Martin Waghorn was a snip at five-million" happened.

Ah! Though that was all RamsTV too !

33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yeah that was pretty good.

i think the only comment that i would say is that it would be useful for some of us in the UK to have a video stream of the commentary. can put it on the TV and have live scores from the other games etc on the screen. i think MUTV do this.

dunno if there's enough content at all but generally an ongoing stream of highlights, old games, ramstv meets etc might be good - but i guess linear tv is so passe now.

@OwenB87

Just out of curiosity, do you have any viewing figures for RamsTV? Analysis of audience or anything like that?

I don't really have any questions about the production but that's something I've been curious about.