v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What do you want us to discuss then? Yes it's our 2nd team but you would have thought they would have been up for it to enforce their way into the first team but as I stated earlier, it looks like they have accepted they are second choice. 

Poor performance by players, most of whom will either be on the bench or not even in the squad come the Sunderland match but some if the comments have bordered on hysterical.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

A 6-0 win tonight would have been a bloomin' disaster. We might have had to watch this lot play every week!

Fortunately being a disjointed team that doesn't regular play together spared us from such fun.

Rowett wanted a 90 minute work out for those who didn't play in Germany in the main. He can't be too surprised at the end result and most here shouldn't be.

About the only thing I took from this game is Davies as Eddie commented was not great, considering he is a likely starter; but maybe has obvious excuses. Bennett pushing for a bench place at least.

Roll on the next German test, oh and hopefully an additional winger.

Not a lot of plusses there. Bennett very good, the big fella utter class when he came on (but that's to be expected),and that's about it.

Jamie Hanson is the fault for their goal not Butterfield. 

So glad this is pre season friendly and some of these players won't be starting for Sunderland game. Don't know why Gary not trying Keogh and Davies together tonight. 

Roll on next Friday. 

absolutely the worst display by a derby side ive seen in many a year. Free travel or not I feel sorry for the poor sods who actually bothered to go

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Poor performance by players, most of whom will either be on the bench or not even in the squad come the Sunderland match but some if the comments have bordered on hysterical.

I'd be interested to know which comments you find hysterical. The comments have been fair, most of them had shockers. I would have liked them to go out to try and enforce their way into the first team but they seem to have accepted that they aren't good enough, Rowett will be furious at that I imagine.

The lack of quality in attack was frustrating. Central midfield was poor, too. Huddlestone was the man of the match by a country mile; he made the rest of them look pub league with his ability. 

If we don't find two wide players who can give Huddlestone a genuine option, he will get frustrated and we won't get the best out of him. 

We've got a lot of work to do. Ince and Hughes' absences are all too visable at the moment. I can handle a poor result in pre-season, but it's the fundemental lack of quality by some of our players that worries me. They may hit form and do well for a month or two, but over the course of a season it's real ability that shines through - Ince proving just that.

Archived