v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

God bless him but having a good game doesn't really apply to this one....lacking very much confidence by the look of it.

on what basis does he look like he's lacking confidence ? That one poor free kick ? 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

The thread is an embarassment

What do you want us to discuss then? Yes it's our 2nd team but you would have thought they would have been up for it to enforce their way into the first team but as I stated earlier, it looks like they have accepted they are second choice. 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

on what basis does he look like he's lacking confidence ? That one poor free kick ? 

Not just that unfortunately,held onto the ball too long in the first half too and lost it,plus he fluffed the potential shot on goal.

I like butterfield but he's been off for a while...it can be turned around tho,just needs a good run to get him back on track.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

The thread is an embarassment

I don't think people have been going too over the top. Just critical of what has been a very poor performance.

Pre season or not, these are the players who are supposed to be challenging for the starting 11 against Sunderland. Aside from Bennett, none of them came close.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not just that unfortunately,held onto the ball too long in the first half too and lost it,plus he fluffed the potential shot on goal.

I like butterfield but he's been off for a while...

You mean the shot where anya played him in when he should have shot himself ? Really don't see how he's been off ? 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I like butterfield but he's been off for a while...

Like Bryson then who has been completely anonymous. At least Butterfield tries to make penetrating passes unlike Bryson, who hasn't done anything in this game that I wouldn't be able to do. Ideally, I would like us to sign an improvement on both.

Pre-season, whatever, no panic, but that was poor.

The goal was appalling, the finishing was slack, the overall play patchy and incoherent.

Hudds is still epic.

Archived