v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

We 100% need a right-footed winger who can play wide left. We have no options out there who you'd deem good enough for a top six Championship team. Anya, Russell, Bennett and Blackman are all better on the right.

Weimann is the only right-footed wide player we have and he is isn't good enough out there.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

There isn't a player out there tonight who can moan if they don't start against Sunderland, absolute drivel so far, I bet Rowett has his head in his hands 

One thing for certain is that we haven't got the quality of squad depth for top two, nowhere near. 

Bet Rowett will be getting that cheque book out again after this! 

Unfortunately mels hidden it and told Gary he can only have the clues to find it if he crosses his palm with a few  £m from offloaded players :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Assuming we go with 4-3-3, the starting 11 looks pretty obvious to me on this pre season showing (barring any transfers)

As a rule I think majority of away games and tougher home games we will go 4 3 3 so yeah I think the first game of the season will come into that category. 

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Poor performance by players, most of whom will either be on the bench or not even in the squad come the Sunderland match but some if the comments have bordered on hysterical.

Haven't read the hysterical comments, just 'dropped in' on this one. Pretty poor display, highlights the average nature of many in our squad. Need some replacement for Ince/Hughes for sure.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

We 100% need a right-footed winger who can play wide left. We have no options out there who you'd deem good enough for a top six Championship team. Anya, Russell, Bennett and Blackman are all better on the right.

Weimann is the only right-footed wide player we have and he is isn't good enough out there.

To be honest, the right wing spot is the position I'm more worried about! Weimann seems to be forming a nice partnership down that left hand side with Forsyth and has a good understanding with Martin. I would have thought that Russell going back to right wing would have turned him into a better player but seems to be same old with him.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Step forward Tom Lawrence. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Haven't read the hysterical comments, just 'dropped in' on this one. Pretty poor display, highlights the average nature of many in our squad. Need some replacement for Ince/Hughes for sure.

There are no hysterical comments, it's just people claiming there are hysterical comments to get likes when the comments have been fair to be honest.

Apart from the one above 

Archived