v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This look good too. 

I'd replace Russell or Weimann with Bennett, who I thought was outstanding.

1 minute ago, AndyHoppo said:

Couldn't agree more, Hanson made Huddlestone look like a fraud

Huddlestone will be ok with us in league 1- more like his level. Hanson will be playing for England this time next year, mark my words.

Just now, eddie said:

I'd replace Russell or Weimann with Bennett, who I thought was outstanding.

Bennett for Weimann then all good I think. Bennett was unlucky not to get a goal tonight I thought it was in lol. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Are you just replying to yourself on an alternative account? Or are you two related? :lol:

That's what I thought too. :lol:

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bennett for Weimann then all good I think. Bennett was unlucky not to get a goal tonight I thought it was in lol. 

The highlight for me was in the second half when he skinned the full back and drilled a peach of a ball back to Bryson and Anya at the edge of the area, and then they faffed about with it and the chance was gone.

5 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

And it's all about opinions - but based on preseason - I think Butterfield has shown more than Bryson. I also think if he goes for Weimann and Bennett (which, again on preseason form I think he has to) then you have enough "runners" in the team to allow for a more measured passing midfield (and Bradley)!

I don't think Bennett or Weimann are good enough footballers to be starters. Bennett has given everything pre-season to claim a shirt...but lacks guile. Strength, directness in abundance but not enough allied guile. We need something different. Both Weimann and Bennet are last 15 minute subs to stretch tired defenders but don't have enough "craft" for the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Hoppo93 said:

Huddlestone will be ok with us in league 1- more like his level. Hanson will be playing for England this time next year, mark my words.

Gump alert...

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Are you just replying to yourself on an alternative account? Or are you two related? :lol:

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

That's what I thought too. :lol:

I have two phones with an account on each. I even text myself sometimes too.

Tonight was just a friendly, and I know not all players are fit, but a few quick thoughts:

Huddlestone - As expected, an absolute beast who will be our key player if he continues with those kinds of passes. Will he ever score for Derby? Who knows...

Russell - so so low on confidence.

Butterfield, Hanson, and Olsson - I've been a long-term fan of Butters, but think these should be looking to shift.

Looking at today, we still need at least one winger (Lawrence), a rb (back up - Baird is steady enough but think we need a little extra back up), and a lb - Forsyth and Lowe's fitness is a gamble, Olsson has been very poor and MacDonald may be too fresh.

Northampton - solid defence and look a good side. If Ash Taylor continues like that, he'll be a championship player by January.

Archived