v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derbados said:

There isn't a player out there tonight who can moan if they don't start against Sunderland, absolute drivel so far, I bet Rowett has his head in his hands 

One thing for certain is that we haven't got the quality of squad depth for top two, nowhere near. 

Bet Rowett will be getting that cheque book out again after this! 

A bunch of them look like they know they are going to be second choice.

Dear oh dear what a poor performance. Butters, Hanson, Olson and Anya have been woeful. 

Stupid mistake from butters for the goal. All he had to do was poke it to Olson 5 yards away but turned into the player instead!!

buyters and Hanson offer no defensive cover whatsoever, never pick a man up, never track a player. Waste of space.

bennet was lively before his knock and we reverted to hoof ball.

olson leaving Davies exposed all the time and Bairds having a poor game.

Best performers:
Mason Bennett - Our MOM so far. The only bright spark in our team.
Alex Pearce - Let down by the rest of the defence. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start ahead of Davies.

Worst performers:
Jamie Hanson - This guy just isn't a centre mid. Reminds me of Baird when we played him there. I would loan him out at a team looking for a right back in League 1/2.
Jacob Butterfield - Couple of good balls through, but lost possession way too much. Needs a big man to play behind him. Looks a different player with Huddlestone or Thorne behind him.
Curtis Davies - Making mistakes a man of his experience and quality shouldn't be. Diving in, losing his man, charging forward to win tackles and leaving Pearce exposed.
Marcus Olsson - Hasn't stopped a single cross into the box. I would happily see him leave for nothing and use MacDonald, Lowe and Forsyth there. That's obviously not based on this game - it's based on his dreadful performances at full back since signing.

Everyone else has been anonymous. Bryson charging around, Nugent struggling as a lone striker (not big enough or strong enough - not his game!) and not achieving much and Anya falling over his own stepovers.

Must try harder 2nd half.

Not a good show, but at the end of the day its pre-season. Despite this 45 minutes, players like Mitchell, Baird, Anya, Bryson, Pearce, Olson, Bennett, Bennett ( + Vydra, Shackell, Bent and Lowe when fit, Russell if we manage to sign Lawrence, Butterfield if we play 4231) are all bench players. Think we've got plenty of good squad depth, actually too much.  

Well in my opinion that was very poor from derby  giving the ball away to easy butter field at fault for the goal not one of these players should be near the first team sheet Davis not impressing either 

anya first touch poor can't beat his man and can't cross 

Bennett tries but not yet good enough

nugent no service 

Before we all disappear in a cloud of despair, could I please clarify whether a 6-0 win against Northampton would have made us

A) more likely to beat Sunderland 

B) less likely to beat Sunderland 

Or C) whether a game against Northampton in front of three men and a dog on a Tuesday night has no bearing on a Championship game against a top side in front of 40,000 people. 

Chillax everyone -it will be alright on the night. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Before we all disappear in a cloud of despair, could I please clarify whether a 6-0 win against Northampton would have made us

A) more likely to beat Sunderland 

B) less likely to beat Sunderland 

Or C) whether a game against Northampton in front of three men and a dog on a Tuesday night has no bearing on a Championship game against a top side in front of 40,000 people. 

Chillax everyone -it will be alright on the night. 

A 6-0 win tonight would have been a bloomin' disaster. We might have had to watch this lot play every week!

Archived