Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't get is.... Fulham apparently interested as were Boro.... and maybe us.... you'd expect both of those to match the fee and wages, so surely if they wanted him that bad they would be better prospects than Birmingham.... so why Birmingham? Or have they both acquired better players and he's not actually that good? That's how I'm trying to accept the crap news of him not coming to us!

2 minutes ago, Redcar said:

What I don't get is.... Fulham apparently interested as were Boro.... and maybe us.... you'd expect both of those to match the fee and wages, so surely if they wanted him that bad they would be better prospects than Birmingham.... so why Birmingham? Or have they both acquired better players and he's not actually that good? That's how I'm trying to accept the crap news of him not coming to us!

Arent Blues mega rich like wolves and villa?

If anybody else is coming to us this window I cant imagine it will be anyone of any note,under 30 and possibly not have full control of their bodily functions.

Any major signings are long gone, Mel appears to have misplaced the cheque book. 

Stuck with a handful of players that no one else wants and any optimism i had for this season is rapidly diminishing.

6 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

If anybody else is coming to us this window I cant imagine it will be anyone of any note,under 30 and possibly not have full control of their bodily functions.

Any major signings are long gone, Mel appears to have misplaced the cheque book. 

Stuck with a handful of players that no one else wants and any optimism i had for this season is rapidly diminishing.

Mine went when we sold Hughes and Ince and brought in the Hull pair...........

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Mine went when we sold Hughes and Ince and brought in the Hull pair...........

Didn't realise we'd brought in centre-back Davies and defensive midfielder Huddlestone to be our creative playmakers. Oh fiddlesticks, what a mess................

38 minutes ago, UrbanRam said:

12:41

JOTA UPDATE

Birmingham City are close to matching their club-record fee, and should sign Jota from Brentford later this afternoon.

He's agreed personal terms, and is now completing the last part of his medical.

On sky sports transfer centre page 

Oh my days I'd rather stay at Brentford.

'Arry at Brum moans and slates the players every week, saying he has to get a new lot.

He's actually signed about 10 new players now, though!

The QPR lot were a mish-mash a few years back, until 'Arry got help from McClaren (prior to Mac's first stint as Derby head coach when we nicked him off Rangers).

Brum have money - but I don't think 'Arry can hack it any more. Rowett could sneak a useful player he knows from them, who is tired of Redknapp dissing them all! :p

Having said that, Brum will probably come up on the rails and 'do a Huddersfield'!

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Rich owners like pretty much every team in this league, sadly we can't really compete with that sort of ambition- tho it doesn't always work out!

If it doesn't work out and their owners pull the plug, it's Pompey time.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Rich owners like pretty much every team in this league, sadly we can't really compete with that sort of ambition- tho it doesn't always work out!

Is it ambition? Or is it just a lack of ideas. They've signed 12 players so far and barely let anyone go. That will be one heavy and expensive squad by the end of the window. Harry will be gone before Christmas and whoever comes in after will want his own players too. The squad gets fatter. 

Now where has that happened before? 

Either we were never in the market which to my mind seems the most likely conclusion, or the salary demands of the player mean he is out of our reach. Or both! Clearly GR is not interested in signing the player and despite the fact I'd have loved to have seen him join the club I guess we hold our water, set tantrums aside and hope our glorious leader has got it right. Perhaps when Rush claimed FFP was fully in hand he was talking a bunch of bum biscuits which might also be quite possible. It's a shame but we move on.

Archived