Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So one week he's only going to the Prem. Too heart breaking to play against his beloved Brentford. No interest from the Prem. Suddenly he wants to be in the Championship and doesn't care about playing against Brentford...he cares about £££. 

I sincerely doubt he's heard all about how wonderful it is to play for 'arry. 

Aside from the fact that, apart from random twitter accounts, we have never been linked with him - I just don't think this move was ever on the cards. It's something that has been built up and built up on here into him being some kind of second coming.

Stick Messi in this team and he'd struggle because he can't do anything without the ball. We need a ball winning, all action midfielder and then a few months to see just how much that benefits Vydra, Lawrence, Nugent, Weimann, Martin and Co... 

Wahhh, wahhhh, I don't want my new toy any more I want the want toy Birmingham got instead.

Hang on a minute, 2 weeks ago you were desperate for the toy Leicester had so I got you that.

I don't want it any more, I want the toy Birmingham got. Wahhhhhhhhhh.

You've barely played with your new toy yet, if you give it a chance it'll probably end up being better than Birmingham's new toy anyway.

No! I don't like it. I want the new toy Birmingham got. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're a fecking spoiled brat get to your room.

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Wahhh, wahhhh, I don't want my new toy any more I want the want toy Birmingham got instead.

Hang on a minute, 2 weeks ago you were desperate for the toy Leicester had so I got you that.

I don't want it any more, I want the toy Birmingham got. Wahhhhhhhhhh.

You've barely played with your new toy yet, if you give it a chance it'll probably end up being better than Birmingham's new toy anyway.

No! I don't like it. I want the new toy Birmingham got. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're a fecking spoiled brat get to your room.

Are you talking to yourself? 

Hold up am I In some sort of alternative reality where our professional football manager has genuinely deemed that johnny Russell, who has scored about 2 goals this decade, is genuinely capable of getting us promoted so hasn't moved for one of the top wingers in the division at bargain price?! And instead we're buying yet another forward who won't actually get the ball? Surely this can't be right!

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Hold up am I In some sort of alternative reality where our professional football manager has genuinely deemed that johnny Russell, who has scored about 2 goals this decade, is genuinely capable of getting us promoted so hasn't moved for one of the top wingers in the division at bargain price?! And instead we're buying yet another forward who won't actually get the ball? Surely this can't be right!

Yep but don't worry mate you're not on your own. 

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

He would have been a nice addition to the side, but it hasn't materialised and we move on. 

Not that bothered to be honest, it's a footballer doing what we all do best, getting the best deal for him and his family good luck to him.

Flippin heck, we do that much 'moving on' as Derby fans should we just all buy caravans and head to Chad park?

We've sold Ince and Hughes and we have'nt replaced Hughes yet....we need speed and legs and creativity in midfield....hopefully GR has someone in mind....but a part of me thinks we do not have anyone lined up....If anyone seriously thinks we can go as we are and be top 6 then they're deluded....our squad always has looked good on paper...it really does....but in reality we are not great lets be honest....consistency is what gets you out of this league....going on long unbeaten runs like Brighton did....i think this current squad are not capable of it...for some reason.....  I'll be dissapointed if we've concluded our incomings for this window

4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I don't care about his wages if he is going to improve the squad and help us get promotion then do it. Some derby fans wouldn't be happy if we signed Messi because of his wages.

Unfortunately he comes with no guarantee that he can get a team promoted.

We used to think that there was a correlation between spending money and going up, but we haven't gone up and instead have players who aren't really good enough, but we can't get rid of them because they're not worth anywhere near what we pay them.

When we're trying our best to cut the wage bill, giving a player a blank cheque to be paid whatever he wants probably isn't the right move for the club...

This has really got on my nerves. At 6m he's exactly what we need, that's not overpaying for a player of that quality in today's market. Perhaps we're refusing to buy anyone until someone else gets sold, or we were that close to FFP after the last few years we can't even afford 6m. Concerning if it's the latter.

Looks like an entire season of Johnny Russell. 

Archived