Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

4 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Is it ambition? Or is it just a lack of ideas. They've signed 12 players so far and barely let anyone go. That will be one heavy and expensive squad by the end of the window. Harry will be gone before Christmas and whoever comes in after will want his own players too. The squad gets fatter. 

Now where has that happened before? 

The signings are ambitious, but Yorkers absolutely right that signing so many and not letting any go is a very risky strategy. If they bottle it like us they'll be in our situation where we have two years where we literally can't buy anyone and are stuck in mid table with a loaf of over paid OAPs with little to no skill.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Either we were never in the market which to my mind seems the most likely conclusion, or the salary demands of the player mean he is out of our reach. Or both! Clearly GR is not interested in signing the player and despite the fact I'd have loved to have seen him join the club I guess we hold our water, set tantrums aside and hope our glorious leader has got it right. Perhaps when Rush claimed FFP was fully in hand he was talking a bunch of bum biscuits which might also be quite possible. It's a shame but we move on.

I think its probably more likely that FFP is in hand but if we were to sign Jota for a big fee and pay out some hefty wages it would tip us over the limits.

I think we we're probably interested at one point but he's gone out of our price bracket but that's purely a guess!

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

The signings are ambitious, but Yorkers absolutely right that signing so many and not letting any go is a very risky strategy. If they bottle it like us they'll be in our situation where we have two years where we literally can't buy anyone and are stuck in mid table with a loaf of over paid OAPs with little to no skill.

A "loaf"?-I thought we had no bread or dough for signings?!?

Just to cheer you up,contracts for Baird Bent Pearce Shackell Thorne Roos and Russell expire next June!! That'll reduce the average age and wage bill.Work in progress!? 

11 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

A "loaf"?-I thought we had no bread or dough for signings?!?

Just to cheer you up,contracts for Baird Bent Pearce Shackell Thorne Roos and Russell expire next June!! That'll reduce the average age and wage bill.Work in progress!? 

Hopefully none of those will get a contract renewal apart from Thorne if he proves his fitness....we need a refresh

Could be worse,

However considering the positive output by the club about promotion challenge, building for the future,developing a team good enough to go up and stay up,more recently waffle about having a clear out and taking the club forward i think we have gone backwards, doesnt even appear we can attract promising players on loan

Just now, ram1964 said:

Could be worse,

However considering the positive output by the club about promotion challenge, building for the future,developing a team good enough to go up and stay up,more recently waffle about having a clear out and taking the club forward i think we have gone backwards, doesnt even appear we can attract promising players on loan

Or we are not willing to pay the stupid fees that clubs are asking for loaning their player and the double wages some players want for signing on loan. 

20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Incredibly disappointed that we didn't go in for him at £6m. I know it's not my money, but I just can't help but think he would have significantly improved us with his creativity. 

Fair play to Birmingham. 

Just because you're Ambitious...

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Incredibly disappointed that we didn't go in for him at £6m. I know it's not my money, but I just can't help but think he would have significantly improved us with his creativity. 

Fair play to Birmingham. 

We don't know that we didn't go in for him at £6m and that GR would agree with you that he would improve our creativity. But perhaps Mr Jota wants to go to a club just because they pay him more money, more than we think he's worth.

Alternatively, of course, perhaps Steve Nicholson is correct and he was never on our target list anyway, whatever he wanted.

Archived